@RIOT NOME: Status?

• Hey nome, how's it going? haven't heard from you in a while, thought i'd make sure everything is still going ok. Are you eating your veggies? Getting enough sleep? Dont forget to switch your air conditioner over to heat soon. I see you cleaned up some of the old sticky threads at the top of our forums, thats nice thanks. Clean house and good food is the best way to go i always say. Anyway, just give a shout when you get back, i'm sure everyone here would love to hear that you are doing ok still. Later!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Koravel34 View Post
    Can you confirm what Yegg said? Riot has no intention of releasing ranked dominion in season 3?

If that is the case, many of us would love to know the logic that led to this decision, as every single time I've had a discussion with someone, we've decided that this would be not only a good way to grow the dominion community, but far and away the best way to grow it.
    </td></tr></table>
    I don't really want to confirm anything, because matchmaking is not my area of expertise (I don't work on them... at all!).

Also, it's not just the armor penetration changes. Lots of itemization quirks as well. I don't want to spoil anything
  • I'm alive, and there are a somewhat minor (but maybe impactful) change coming to Dominion next patch. I'm waiting for S3 to hit before diving too far, because it can potentially change how bruisers itemize on the map.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by AgaresOaks View Post
    TT items have been confirmed to NOT be coming to to Dominion.
    Itemization changes for the SR items are confirmed, so expect those to be ported to Dominion since they're pretty much core on every game mode. At bare minimum, this has been confirmed to include adjusting all flat/scaling pen values to accomodate the order change (and I'm 90% sure it's been confirmed to be more than just that).
    </td></tr></table>
    Whoa, who confirmed that? Wooglet's is coming to Dom next patch, actually. More may follow suit, depending on how they test out.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
    Sweet. Was wondering if Wooglet's was coming over. That seemed like a really practical Dominion item. This will really help champs like Veigar and Viktor (two favs that I just can't get to work well in Dominion).
    </td></tr></table>
    It's actually a slightly different Wooglet's. A much stronger one.

Also, Morello and I are on the same page regarding TT items on Dominion. I think he was focused specifically on SR. The TT items won't be going there.
  • We'll talk about armor again when S3 comes around. It's making some big changes in that department.

Also regarding AP+MS... probably yes, just not for the next patch.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by naotasan View Post
    Aw the drawing got over-looked by Nome
    </td></tr></table>
    No man. I'm gonna frame that thing.
  • It may have been someone responding to whether TT items would be ported to "other maps", mainly SR (in which case they won't).

Though the TT items were designed FOR TT, TT suffers a lot of the similar champ viability issues Dominion does, so it was natural for them to come over.