Can a Red please clarify? Certainlyt, Samizul, Riotphage, vLemon <333

• yes, and damage scaling should be 100% > 50% > 25%.

that's the current and intended functionality. it may or may not change, but regardless we'll update the tooltip before zed ships so it's more clear.
  • I am requesting a red to clarify this mechanic because there are many different posts with many different interpretations being provided by different members of the community.

There is currently a mechanics preview online for Zed from Ciderhelm. He's awesome, and I always check his guides after watching the mechanics preview on the league announcements.

I saw his mechanics preview on Zed come out a little earlier than I expected.

It contained a section on his Q. Stating that additional Q strikes beyond 2 deal no additional damage.

After hearing and reading this on posts on the forums, I did some testing in a match. I basically put a Master yi bot against a Zed with full armor penetration; so his abilities would deal TRUEDAMAGE. I brought myself to 100 AD to make the numbers a little easier to see.

I played a match, and went to about level ten, doing pretty much nothing but practicing lining up Q shots so that all three would connect.

Afterwards; I pulled up the replay in spectator mode. I slowed the replay to .25 each time I activated my ult; targetted master yi; and analyzed the damage dealt for each attack (Ulti activation, AA immediately after ult, and each of the three shurikens.) I typically did not even proc my E, so it would be easier to analyze the damage dealt.

This proved much more difficult than I anticipated; because it was very difficult to land all 3 q's without stacking 2 shadows on top of each other. Stacking the shadows made the Q spell animation overlap, and it was hard to even distinguish if both were even thrown (I was able to determine they indeed all do *THROW* shurikens.)

I swear I saw all three deal damage. The first did about 100 (And was mitigated by 30% because it had previously struck a minion before hitting yi, which means initially it dealt 140 damage). The second dealt 70 (50% of the firsts initial damage) and the third dealt 35-37 (regen made it difficult to determine the exact number) which is equal to 50% of the second shurikens damage.

These numbers also add up with how my head interprets the description provided in the tooltip:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Razor Shuriken

Cooldown: 6
    Cost: 75 / 70 / 65 / 60 / 55 Energy

Active: Zed and his shadow both throw their shurikens, each dealing physical damage to the first enemy they pass through and 70% damage thereafter.

Physical Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 230 (100% bonus AD)

Living Shadow: Additional shurikens striking the same enemy deal 50% damage, but restore energy. </td></tr></table>
    So similar to this scenario; If the first Q deals 100 damage, the second Q will deal 50 damage. The third Q should deal an additional mitigated 50% from the second; so 25 damage in this scenario.

Can a red confirm which is correct? Can damage be dealt by more than 2 Shurikens with Zed's ultimate clone?