That's the dream isn't it? Well for me it is anyways. But since I'm not a Riot employee, I've decided just to draw concepts for champions. Next best thing, right?
I've decided to post a new champion every week, and I will soon apply to Riot Games to hopefully nab a position in their Art Department. Bump if you enjoy the art or support my dream
Please feel free to post your theory kits here too. I like reading how these concepts are thought of in a game-play manner.
I just wanted to take a moment to thank the community for their support. When I made this thread I didn't think it would receive the amount of attention it has, let alone the support and good wishes. Imagine my amusement when the whole Quinn thing happened! I have been incredibly humbled and I will continue to work to improve my craft so that I may have the best chance of joining the Riot team -- and in return, shoot for getting you guys more champions that appeal to you. Once again; thank you community for your continued support and feedback.Quote: New Skin: Prehistoric Trundle postedQuote: Trying to finish up the new champ -- but I'm having a little trouble getting her to look right. Bear with me, I'll try to get her posted soon.Quote:Quote:Quote: For more concept skins: http://izzabelleart.blogspot.com/sea...Concept%20SkinQuote:
0) I will apply to Riot Games when I feel I have a portfolio that accurately shows that I can do what they require of me.
1) It is my dream to work for Riot Games.
2) I have an almost completed college education in Illustration, with a focus on character art.
3) I am not taking requests.
4) You can make lore/kits for these champs if you want.
5) These champs are my creations and thus my property
6) Lore/Kit ideas I provide are just "baselines" for the concept itself. They are not set in stone.
7) I encourage any questions regarding the champs.
8) I will only answer appropriate questions regarding myself
9) I am no longer accepting friend requests in-game that come about this thread.
10) Yes, I know that champ X looks like character Y from series Z. That's why I am also posting revisions.
11) New champs will be posted on Mondays
12) Revisions will be posted during the week (if at all) and only after a healthy amount of feedback is gathered.
13) Feedback is welcome, and encouraged -- but I will ignore obvious hate/troll posts.
14) The latest champ will be posted in this thread, but all champs will be in the blog.
15) Skins will be posted during the week (if at all)
Hey. Thanks for sharing these pictures. I don't myself design champions, but I do work fairly close with the people that do. Something that might help you create good concepts is to think (and please type out so we can be right there with you) of what fantasy these new champions are filling for players, and how that brings something new to the league. It can be anything from creature type, to fighting style. This may also help you come up with more solid concept drawings because you will be thinking about the champion's personality and history as well. Do they have any special relationships with any other champions? What nation are they from? All these things might help.
Keep up the good work and please include some of this info with your drawings.
I must say, I'm really loving these. When I have a moment I'd love to give you some artistic feedback, but I really love that you're taking champion design from a holistic standpoint, including not just art, but an idea for thematics of the character and even ideas about the kit.
Keep going! If I get some time, maybe over the Thanksgiving holiday, I'll pop in for some more in depth commentary.
Keep up the awesome work!
Firstly, I'm a fan of your work here Izabelle! Very fun and creative stuff here!
Wanted to chime in here on Vi, a bit since people are curious about the coincidence. For the official record, It takes us anywhere from 4-6 months to concept and produce a LoL champ.
In Vi's case, she's been aeound in various forms for two years. At one point she was a steam-punk capoeira fighter with dreads and robot legs- which sounds way cooler than our drawings for her!
A year ago we started exploring a girl with bad ass metal/tech gauntlets but we couldn't find a way to make her compelling. We were running into challenges with Shyvana overlap, as well as struggling to define who she was as a person. Sometime around this past June, one of our champ concept artists took another crack at her- and came up with the punky ex-criminal persona. We all got super pumped on this new direction and began full pre-production.. GypsyLord's first playable protoype came into design playtest in early July- and we had her marquee charge punch ability day one.
When I first saw this thread a month ago, I was amazed at the coincidence! Kudos to you Izabelle for your creativity.
Hope you all enjoy punching people in the face with Vi.