@Morello: Don't increase ignite cd

• Barrier gonna be a big nerf to ignite itself already
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Claudialicious View Post
    Barrier gonna be a big nerf to ignite itself already
    </td></tr></table>
    Cleanse is better vs Ignite unless you hit cleanse 4 seconds late.

I'm pretty sure live Heal is better vs Ignite as well.

Edit: Since you don't believe me:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by batosia95136 View Post
    Run the numbers
    ---
    level 1
    Ignite 70 heal 100 (heal goes to 50)

level 18
    Ignite 410 heal 525 (heal goes to 262.5)
    </td></tr></table>
    Level 1
    Ignite 70. Barrier block 2/5 ticks. Ignite deals 42 damage. Compare to heal where Ignite deals 30

Level 18
    Ignite 410, Barrier block 2/5 ticks. Ignite deals 246. Compare to Heal where Ignite deals 147.5

Now, this assumes Barrier blocks nothing else. But the original complaint was "Barrier counters Ignite" which is not true at any stage of the game.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by HeartlessXiao View Post
    Isn't the barrier shield > ignite damage at all levels?

Also, cleanse has longer CD than ignite. I'm gonna guess that Barrier will have a shorter CD, so you can pretty much Barrier every time the enemy ignites.
    </td></tr></table>
    Barrier on SR has a shorter duration than Ignite. In the current testing version, it's 2 seconds long. You at most block 40% of Ignite's damage. Both Heal and Cleanse are significantly stronger against it.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by dYe44 View Post
    Not sure if youre aware bro but ignite reduces heal by 50%
    </td></tr></table>
    Run the numbers
  • Quote:
    Heal is only better if you pull an Han Solo. The heal reduction makes ignite win throughout the entire game (for 1v1 fights)
    </td></tr></table>
    Barrier never "wins." Barrier prevents damage. If you're just blocking Ignite, you're still taking 60% of Ignite's damage and getting nothing else for it.
  • Quote:
    Run the numbers
    ---
    level 1
    Ignite 70 heal 100 (heal goes to 50)

level 18
    Ignite 410 heal 525 (heal goes to 262.5)
    </td></tr></table>
    Level 1
    Ignite 70. Barrier block 2/5 ticks. Ignite deals 42 damage. Compare to heal where Ignite deals 30

Level 18
    Ignite 410, Barrier block 2/5 ticks. Ignite deals 246. Compare to Heal where Ignite deals 147.5

Now, this assumes Barrier blocks nothing else. But the original complaint was "Barrier counters Ignite" which is not true at any stage of the game.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by KevinDelMarr View Post
    I honestly don't know why I would pick Barrier over another spell. Everyone is talking like everyone is going to get Barrier. Flash will still be insta-picked 99% of the time, and most other Champions are going to want an ignite or exhaust for kills. Heal is going to be a better team spell, I'm more worried about a team of 3 or more heals becoming clutch Teamfight Soraka's. it sounds like Barrier will be OP or not even worth it.

Of course, no one has even seen SR Barrier so everything is 100% sepeculation. I'd give it a week before jumping to rash (but understandable) conclusions.
    </td></tr></table>
    The purpose of Barrier is to provide burst survivability for someone who wants it.

It's basically what Heal is now. However, Heal is to be more supportey (so that they're not running Exhaust every single time) and less selfish. This opens up room for Barrier to take its place.

Ultimately, Barrier shouldn't be scarier than Heal is now. Its purpose is to boost someone's survivability at a button's press.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warlemming View Post
    2 Mistakes here:
    Firstly, Ignite deals 50 damage upfront, +20xLevel over 5 seconds, so the amount of damage you block depends on whether you had barrier up for that first hit.

Secondly, it's purely a maths mistake, but "Compare to heal where Ignite deals 30" Heal is halved to 50, and last I checked 70-50 is 20 :P

EDIT: I'm a baddy, misread tooltip "50 damage + 20 per level over 5 seconds" to mean 20 per level over 5 independent of the 50 damage
    </td></tr></table>
    Ah I got you.

In game the tooltip simply reads with the full damage value. It will just say "70 dmg over 5 seconds"
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Warlemming View Post
    2 Mistakes here:
    Firstly, Ignite deals 50 damage upfront, +20xLevel over 5 seconds, so the amount of damage you block depends on whether you had barrier up for that first hit.

Secondly, it's purely a maths mistake, but "Compare to heal where Ignite deals 30" Heal is halved to 50, and last I checked 70-50 is 20 :P
    </td></tr></table>
    No it doesn't.

Ignite deals (50+20/lvl) split evenly over 5 seconds.