Ward Boots?

• Hey guys. Obligatory reminder that I'm not a designer.

Please also consider in this discussion how these boots would be used by non supports.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by PallasAthens View Post
    I think the fact that he pops up in every ward boot thread, with the disclaimer that he's not a designer, is a bit....suspicious.
    </td></tr></table>
    It's cause I play support and jungle. I honestly don't know the details of even a single item design change at all.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
    Oh, I'd use them on every champion.
    </td></tr></table>
    If other people share this same view as you, then it's probably bad item design. Choices should have a reason to choose them and a reason to not choose them. (I personally would also use these on any champ in any lane, especially if they were the cheapest boots 2).
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by BehindYouDarling View Post
    Top lane still gonna go for ninja tabi, adc will go for more damage same with mid lane and jungler usually goes for mobility boots to have map pressure.
    </td></tr></table>
    I will argue that wards for a jungler provide map pressure. If I have the enemy blue/wraiths/red warded, then my team can get pretty aggressive.
  • So I saw a few threads about gp/10 boots for supports so they could afford a ward every 3 mins and then I saw Riot's posts about trying to make supports more fun by making ways for them to have more end game gold for their item builds. And it made me think, one of the main reasons Supports are so gold starved is due to them being the ward mules for the team. Every single bit of gold they earn they end up spending on either a gp/10 item or wards. Or gp/10 items in order to make any money to get wards.

My solution? Tier 2 ward boots. They would have MS equal to all other tier 2s be cheaper than the others though (the idea is to take off the gold stress not add to it) and the passive would be like wriggles. Obviously supports would still need to buy wards (1 ward every 3 mins isn't optimal) but early game it should suffice and it would allow supports to buy some of their items without giving up awareness.

What do you guys think? Horrible idea? Good but could use work? Or do you think this is one of the steps they need to take in S3?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by HerbaNoctis View Post
    Couldn't you just go over to Xypherous or Morello or even Phreak and ask them? I can't see them saying "no, we won't tell you, even though you're a fellow Rioter, you're just a scrub animator," honestly. They would at least tell you something more than they're telling us.
    </td></tr></table>
    *animation ENGINEER. I program . I will check it out in play-test eventually. The reason I don't ask them directly is because I feel I have little to contribute. They think about these things WAY more than I do. Every now and then I'll drop a suggestion to those guys if I think it's something revolutionary, but we have boots... we have gp/10 items... and we have items that drop wards, so this particular suggestion isn't one of those things that I don't think they haven't considered on their own .

I am however all for this discussion in the community and I think it helps people form more solid design suggestions for other things as well as this one.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Praxis67 View Post
    I know you're not good sir, I didn't make this expecting any Red would actually post on it or get this much views!
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah, I have to put that for some people. Even with that disclaimer I still have gotten the (paraphrasing here) : OMG you are an idiot if you like 0 CS support and Riot should fire you!

I add the disclaimer to reduce the number of responses like that in case someone disagrees with my views as a player.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fire Swamp View Post
    @Griftrix, what is your stance on a summoner spell with a 180 second cooldown with the ability to plant a ward?
    </td></tr></table>
    If you could buy a 1 time use summoner spell flash item for 75 gold, would you? What if they stacked up to 5 and you could use them with no cooldown? If I could buy any of our summoner spells for 75 gold a pop as a stackable item, I would. That makes me think that summoner spells are more valuable than wards (per individual ward), and I would not take that spell.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
    I'm reading into this in a good way

Especially with that S at the end
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah, I'm talking about wriggles and only wriggles. I like the fact that the only items I know about are the ones you know about, cause it means it's actually impossible for me to leak item info.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tahroo View Post
    I feel this design would become a must on champions like Lee Sin, Katarina, and Jax. You know, those champions who can close gaps to a ward as a get away. Good idea in theory, but I feel it would be abused too, why get 25% attack speed on you carry when you could have 3 minutes of near safe farming?
    </td></tr></table>
    You have a good view of this, but it's not exactly 3 min of safe farming. You may have vision for (some) ganks, but if you lose to your enemy in lane because you don't have a damage or defense item, then it may go poorly for you anyway.