Most painful uninstall of my life

• But I can't keep playing this.
    I desperately wanted to keep going. To soldier on until season 3. That's when it will all change for the better I kept saying to myself. That's when it will become fun again. It took me months of bad games and an almost complete lack of fun for me to realize that it isn't changing, at least not for me. I know this post will get flamed. I know it will get downvoted to oblivion in a matter of nanoseconds.
    I know this post is pointless.

But for some reason I felt the need to come and make my last thoughts on this game known.

I have been playing this game since the later stage of the closed beta(UFO Corki, not King Rammus). When I first started this game I had already been playing a lot of DotA and HoN(as well as a few other MOBAs in WC3) and I thought it needlessly complicated and cartoony, so I only played a few matches before moving back to HoN.
    One day I received an email informing me that season one had started, so I decided to go ahead and hop on to see how things might have changed. I found the best MOBA in the market. The cartoony style, the rune pages(I wish I had known to skip tier 1 and 2), the masteries, and the summoner spells all combined with great and innovative champion and item design to create a truly unique feel that(for me) was truly exhilarating. To be honest there were some serious problems with downtime and login queues, but overall the game was such a massive improvement over the previous games in the genre that I couldn't get enough. My first champions were Rammus and Veigar, first champs bought with RP were Cho'Gath and Karthus. Good times were had throughout season 1, when I wasn't being overly angsty(a few things piled up at that unfortunate point in my life and I found myself without job or home for a while).
    Season 2 has seen a number of improvements, the greatest of which has to be in the server uptime area. In addition we have seen the additions of Leaverbuster, the Tribunal, and the Honor Initiative. All of which are great ideas.
    But with the up comes down, lackluster champion design(one dimensional builds and overuse of mobility and CC), a general change in artstyle to a more 'epic' look that completely abandons the old cartoony feel, the slow death of the support, a general downgrade in the level of communication with the community(how often do you see Guinsoo or Tryndamere on here anymore?), and a whole host of other problems have really steadily worn down my ability to enjoy this game.

I kind of wish I had put more order into this, looking back at what I've typed. But I think I will leave it as-is. If anyone wants to ask me anything or discuss anything then I will be happy to respond.

In closing I would like anyone who reads this to understand that I do not feel that this is a bad game. I feel that this is an overall rather good game and the model that all free to play games should aspire to be. The game has simply lost the spark that brought me to it and kept me playing it all this time. I hope Riot has a great deal of success in their future endeavors and I look forward to one day seeing their label on another game.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ElBoob View Post
    lackluster champion design(one dimensional builds and overuse of mobility and CC), a general change in artstyle to a more 'epic' look that completely abandons the old cartoony feel, the slow death of the support, a general downgrade in the level of communication with the community(how often do you see Guinsoo or Tryndamere on here anymore?), and a whole host of other problems have really steadily worn down my ability to enjoy this game.
    </td></tr></table>
    Hey ElBoob (tee hee~),

I'd like to talk about your points a bit.

Regarding both one-dimensional builds and the "slow death of the support", I really hope you at least take a peek at our upcoming announcements about the S3 balance changes. There's a lot of stuff there, not just stuff for Assassins. :P

Regarding the cartoony feel--I'm a huge proponent of cute champions (if it wasn't obvious). I can understand getting burnt out of badass epic dudes over time. But I still think we've done some good things, with Ziggs and Lulu thing year, and there are some really <s>cool</s> cute things in store! I realize cartoony != cute in a lot of cases, but the core fundamental of "not badass" still applies.

Regarding communication: I definitely disagree. As much as Guinsoo's my Guinbro, he's not the only designer, and we have a bunch of awesome dudes interacting with the community every day--not the least of which is our dear Brorello. I mean, Xypherous is personally fielding tons of inquiries about the new item changes, and we've only scratched the surface!

In the end, Season 3 really is a turning point for LoL, and if you've come this far, I think it'd be a shame to not at least see what we've been cooking up for so long.