Any sensible reason why riot has no replay system?

• It baffles me as riot keeps ignoring this important functionality, i don't think its due to technical difficulty (3rd party has it), then what is it? watching replays is a key component to player development/enjoyment and i dont like lolreplays the software, its not user friendly enough.
  • We are actively working on replays. I posted responses to some questions regarding the feature's development in another thread here:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...49710#27949710
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Elan Tedronai View Post
    You can imagine my notable disappointment when I was under the impression you were on the replay dev team for the past year and then I saw your name associated with the TT remake.

sadface.jpg

It's like finding out your wife is actually your long lost sister after a year of marriage.
    </td></tr></table>
    Over the course of the past year I've transitioned into an oversight role for features in general. Essentially I do for features what Morello does for content, but I'm not a dedicated member of any particular feature development team.

While I did provide some guidance in the period leading up to the TT beta launch, RiotNome has been the primary designer on that team from the beginning. As for Spectator and Replays, Yegg has been the design lead on that team since the beginning of the year, and he's done a great job imo.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by VoltNinjA View Post
    Well, 3 months past...

Any progress that you can share with the community?
    </td></tr></table>
    I can share there's been progress. =P