Season 2 Rewards FAQ

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Chao8 View Post
    Why are there no icon borders?
    </td></tr></table>
    There are a lot of small reasons, but the main one is that we have big plans for summoner icons in the future and we wanted to give ourselves the flexibility to integrate meaningful borders into the actual icons in the future. Double borders don't look very good, whether it's between an outer and inner icon border or between the profile banner border and the icon border.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by xChronicSx View Post
    So, just to make it fully clear..

I got diamond in 3s, but got a platinum badge from my solo que rating(as you can see)
    Am I going to get my diamond forum badge once it is figured out? OR is it working as intended?
    </td></tr></table>
    If you successfully qualified for rewards with that Diamond team, then you should get the Diamond forum badge once everything is figured out.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
    Yegg - I know somewhere you or another red stated that normal queue ELO wasn't reset.

Can you check?
    </td></tr></table>
    Normal queue Elo was definitely not reset.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by xethik View Post
    Why was there a decision to make Ranked Solo Queue the only thing that affects non-ranked?
    </td></tr></table>
    It's more representative of a player's individual skill. Although I love Ranked Teams and want everyone to play them as much as possible, doing well in those queues is as much about who you know as it is your own skill level. Having Diamond borders showing up next to Silver borders in normal games would just cause confusion for everyone.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Im a care bear View Post
    And there's a problem where the PFE banner won't show up unless you specifically chose the PFE icon. This didn't happen back in season 2.
    </td></tr></table>
    This is how the PFE banner has always worked. I think you might just have not noticed because there weren't many other icon options when PFE came out.

If we end up adding more themes and banners then I'd imagine we would prioritize adding a separate way to choose your banner, but currently it's going to remain tied to the icon.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sandy Wu View Post
    What was the reward for having Diamond in all 3 categories, Platinum in all 3 categories or Gold in all 3 categories?
    </td></tr></table>
    Everyone who achieved a tier in all three queues received a fourth summoner icon based on the lowest tier achieved in any of those queues. So players who achieved Gold in all three queues received a fourth unique Gold summoner icon that represents all queues.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ginga View Post
    @Yegg - I have a small issue with the whole borders thing.

Do you think seeing your allies and enemy's borders will have unintended mental effects on the player's morale before the game even starts?
    </td></tr></table>
    Absolutely. This is why you only see the borders for your own team.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nerzhules View Post
    Was the Fourth Icon only for gold/platinum/diamond? not silver or bronze?
    </td></tr></table>
    It's for Silver and Bronze as well.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Aqualisk View Post
    I don't understand why your ranked 3's doesn't appear in normal 3's. That map is certainly more indicative of player skill than premade 5's is. I think you guys were really unclear about how solo queue ranked was really the only queue that mattered for rewards. That's pretty lame if you ask me. What is the point of borders if the only people who see them are the team you got them with?
    </td></tr></table>
    I see everyone's point about showing the Ranked 3s border trim in normal TT games, but I'm still concerned about confusion and elitism resulting from Platinum or Diamond Ranked 3s borders showing up in normal games of a much lower skill level. If there were a Ranked Solo TT queue then it would be a different story, and it'd be an easy call to use that instead.

As for being unclear: when we originally posted the rewards announcement we were still working out where the borders would be shown, but the current decision was announced in a couple places including the Season End FAQ here: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2744128

Apologies that you didn't know this earlier though! Our communication can always be improved.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Moobeat View Post
    Question, I established a team in late August and we played five games to get ranked. None of us have received our icons yet, but this team is eligible for rewards, correct? We all joined around August 19th but didn't play until after September 1st.
    </td></tr></table>
    The team is eligible for rewards, yes. Did your icons eventually show up?