In the upcoming patch weve added some new features to the HUD and item shop, all wrapped up in a slick new look for the League of Legends user interface. While it might take a little getting used to, we think youll find that these UI updates help you quickly absorb in-game information, and purchase even faster when you head back to buy. This is particularly helpful in light of all the new items were adding this preseason. Heres a rundown of what youll see when the new items come out.
Item Shop Updates
In addition to a sleeker-looking interface, the shop now offers more options for quickly and efficiently locating items. This includes search functionality, better sorting options, multiple layouts and more.
Here are the major store updates:
- Item categories are all now accessible with just one click. You can also select more than one filter to help locate those highly-specialized buys.
- Selecting an item will display its components, their costs, and every higher-tier item it can build into.
- Theres now a search function to help you quickly locate and buy a particular item. It even recognizes popular slang terms such as BT for The Bloodthirster and triforce for Trinity Force.
- There are options to view items in both grid and list layouts. You can now view items as icons so you can browse more items at the same time.
- There are new recommended items for every champion that incorporate all the preseason additions to the arsenal. Recommended items have also been expanded to offer additional, categorized suggestions (starting items, durability items, offensive items, etc.) to help you tailor your build to your current situation.
Along with its new aesthetic, the game HUD also has a few upgrades to increase your field of view and make relevant information readily visible. Heres what you can expect:
- The current level of each of your active abilities is now displayed below the icon, and the hotkey assigned to each is now displayed on the button.
- Item slots are now marked by a clear hotkey indicator for to easily see which items are usable and what key activates them.
- The scoreboard in the upper right has been streamlined and sharpened to maintain clarity.
Be sure to stop by and share your feedback on the forums. The devs are standing by to answer your questions!
Quote:Would be great to add "Magic Penetration" and "Armor Penetration" in the "Magic" and "Attack" categories respectively.
That's something we're exploring.
Quote:*types in stacks*
*gets Soulstealer, Cleaver, Bloodthirster, Wit's End, Malady, Rageblade, Leviathan, SOTO, Sanguine*
What I'm saying is "searchable descriptions", PREFERABLY with regular expressions
Single-player bot match (check the shop picture for a mockup/prototype).
Because there's like three items that give Spell Vamp as opposed to the billions of Lifesteal items.
Please do this. Just do a rotating clock-effect or something and when it's ready, green R~!
The search does not search out full descriptions. This is intentional, it limits the chance of "false hits"; seeing items that seem to show up arbitrarily under nonobvious search conditions.
Instead, I'll be likely tagging keywords to hit. Things like penetration, stacks, or potentially "on-hit" and similar are all possibilities.
This isn't a definite, we're still iterating quite a bit to make sure each feature feels right.
Quote:Will we have any ability to set our own recommended items with the new hud?
I did make sure to setup an API similar to the current item shop's recommended item override API, for the sake of our power users out there.