Nami - bug report thread

• If you guys find any bugs with Nami feel free to post them here. Any pictures, videos, logs, or additional details on any bugs you guys find would be extremely helpful to us.

Thanks a lot guys we really appreciate all the help!

One already known bug -
    Nami's W is double the mana cost of what it actually says. Sorry about this one we'll have it fixed in the next patch!

For details on how to submit a bug report you can check out this thread
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Ashurion View Post
    [Game][Minor?] Using E on yourself

When I use my E on myself I lose speed for a second, while I was hoping to gain speed from her passive.
    </td></tr></table>
    Hrm... 2nd report so far I've seen. Do you have more accurate repro steps? What rank of E? Do you have other movement speed effects like jayce gate or anything?

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by KnightOblivion View Post
    Saw this earlier but its still present in the current build.
    W is costing between 3x and 2x its posted mana cost.
    </td></tr></table>
    double mana costs have been noted thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by WeezelD View Post
    Just did some testing with Nami and found two items.

#1 - If you try and self+smart cast her W it doesn't work. The expectation would be that it would target you first, heal, and then bounce to enemy. I know that it's a choice between targets, but the self+smart should override that, as long as the spells sees "self" as a valid target

#2 - Nami's E does it's bonus magic damage to structures. Not sure if this was intended, as bonus magic is weird on a case by case basis.. I watched the health of the turret drop quicker when it was used.. if you watch the popup colors saying how much damage was being done though, it didnt appear to match the actual bonus dmg.. in other words, the bonus dmg came off the health, but didn't show in a popup color.
    </td></tr></table>
    #1 gonna try out. #2 noted, thanks

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wicked Lulu Bot View Post
    I noticed a few times using her ult, that some people aren't knocked up, damaged or slowed, even though they're clearly hit by the wave. It happened a few times my last match, no one had a spell shield or banshee's either. It seemed to only happen if they were hit by the edge of the wave, at the end of the wave, or even right in front of me as I cast it.
    It seems the enemy has to be in the middle of the skill shot indicator- width and length wise- for it to work properly.
    </td></tr></table>
    Gonna try this out. Thanks
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tseng88 View Post
    I was playing Nami against a Nami in bot lane. I saw the enemy Nami drop the mastery gifted invisble ward into our side's bottom bush. The game froze and crashed, and I got a bugsplat message. After reconnecting it appears a few of my allies and enemies experienced something similar. Don't know if this has to do with Nami or the mastery ward.
    </td></tr></table>
    The mastery ward (explorer ward) currently crashes the game. This has been noted, thanks!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Evangelene View Post
    Not sure if its a bug or just the animation in general but her ult seemed to not show properly at times when i was playing against a friend, if its just the animation ,aybe consider putting something like the sharks from her joke/ taunt (just to make it a little more visable and dodgable seeing as its so long ranged)

Oh and im sure it's been noted (And i do apologize if it belongs on a different thread) But her Q hasnt been hitting unless the enemies are very much in the centre of the circle.
    </td></tr></table>
    Ah, this looks pretty bad. As far as Q goes, I'm not having too many issues landing Q even if the enemies aren't in the direct middle.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rejuvination View Post
    doesn't happen every time, but in an ARAM i just played, Nami's ult hit me as Vlad during Sanguine pool once. the pool actually got knocked into the air. the other times it was either dodged or i did'nt have pool up.
    </td></tr></table>
    Wow crazy. I haven't been able to repro, but i'll let a developer know about this.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Le Mad Pierrot View Post
    Not sure if this is a bug with just Nami or other champions but buying in the shop will occasionally just not work. I've only experienced it with her so far trying to get a Philo Stone and Emblem of Valor, I think. Maybe pots too?

To repro, go to shop, choose item, double click, nothing happens. Allies dying or getting annoyed with you not in lane may also occur.
    </td></tr></table>
    I think this is most likely being caused by the item shop overlapping what is going on in the background. For example if you have just died, and philo stone/emblem of valor are near the "death recap" button in the background, double clicking on the items opens up death recap and will not buy the selected item. Hopefully that makes sense. If this is not the case, let me know so far I can't repro.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by BeeLikesMango View Post
    Hm there's an issue about Nami, it seems her skills give the team out in the fog of war, maybe the E when she buffs her allies, i usually spot a flick of water in bushes or at drake, then i CV the spot and here they are.
    </td></tr></table>
    This has been noted, thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Repliku View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but my friend could shunpo out of the ult with Kata when he was being knocked up.
    </td></tr></table>
    Can't repro so far =(
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Healsforhugs View Post
    I know this is an annoying question, but, ETA on Nami's W mana bug fix? Its rather hard to test her and form an opinion if one of her more important abilities is double the mana cost :c

I know you're all real busy with everything though, keep up the good work
    </td></tr></table>
    Classick is working on it. I imagine it is a relatively easy fix. But unfortunately I personally don't make champions so I don't know if it is easy or hard to fix the mana bug.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by LordBillbob View Post
    For her W is it supposed to not be able to bounce off her if you use it on someone else or not bounce to her if you use it on someone else? Because usually when i use it on myself that's the end of of the bounce. Also I do not see it bounce to 3 targets, so unless its animation does not work too well for the 3rd bounce then I'm just not seeing it bounce a 3rd time on any rank of the skill. Also another bug completely unrelated but I might as well mention it: the new boots do not show up in the items of the victory/defeat post-game lobby.
    </td></tr></table>
    A = ally or self
    B = enemy

ABA

BAB

are the only two ways the W should interact assuming valid targets. If you are with an ally, there is no way to heal both of you guys unless there is an enemy to bounce off of. In terms of the "3rd" bounce, technically it is just the target you initially cast W on + 2 bounces.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amariithynar View Post
    Do the bounces prioritize the lowest health champion in range, or does it prioritize bouncing to someone who hasn't been hit yet?
    </td></tr></table>
    If you damage an enemy first, the heal will prioritize the lowest hp ally and heal that ally.
    If you heal an ally first, the damage will not prioritize any enemy

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NauticalNinja21 View Post
    I used my ultimate the exact same time as I died. The ultimate cast, but when I spawned the icon showed that it wasn't on cooldown. It still was on cooldown but I couldn't tell when it came back
    </td></tr></table>
    I will try this out. Thanks!
  • Okay. Going to look at the Tidal Wave delayed knock-up. Seems like this is major. Thanks everyone.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Healsforhugs View Post
    Major

Nami's Tidal Wave seems to have very delayed knock up especially the further away the target is from the initial cast.

Repro steps:
    1. Cast Tidal Wave at a far away enemy
    2. I notice there is a second or so delay between the knock up and the wave animation passes over the enemy

The damage is delayed with the knock up as well
    If they are practically melee range of me there is no problem

Edit: THANK YOU FOR FIXING THE W BUG <3 love you classick or who ever fixed it
    I do like how her ult is a lot more responsive now. The lack of cast time feels a lot better.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yah, that mana cost bug sucked T_T. You can thank Classick for that.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Shazaamz89 View Post
    It seems Nami's "E" doesn't proc her passive completely, her speed boost doesn't last as long as when hitting an ally (or herself) with her "Q" or "W".
    </td></tr></table>
    Noted. Thanks!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PhantomX Destiny View Post
    I just finished a game where I casted my Q "Aqua Prison" on an enemy Caitlyn as she was starting her Piltover Peacemaker animation, as she was lifted into the air she finished her animation and shot in the air dealing her dmg as usual but I though Nami Q stunned on impact. Not sure if this is a bug or not.
    </td></tr></table>
    Gonna test this out.

Edit: Okay, just tested this. Works just like Taric/Sion stuns so working as intended.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Repliku View Post
    I don't know if it's a bug or a feature, but my friend could shunpo out of the ult with Kata when he was being knocked up.
    </td></tr></table>
    I tried this out, couldn't repro. What rate are you getting this at?

EDIT: Okay, nvmd got it. Gonna see what Classick thinks about the interaction.