nidalee visual update - bugs and feedback thread

• nidalee's visual update is on the pbe!

please post bug reports and feedback here. i'll be reading this thread regularly until her release. i'll also keep a succinct list of 'frequently asked questions' and/or known issues to save everyone the trouble of overly redundant reports.

this is just her first iteration, so not everything is finished. for example:
    - no new splash art yet.
    - her javelin for basic attacks and javelin toss is always the classic javelin (there will be skin-specific javelin's for french maid, pharaoh, and bewitching).
    - her sounds effects aren't yet updated so you may hear some weird things until we patch those out.

as we update the pbe build, i'll edit the above list to reflect her current state.

thanks!
    -ricklessabandon

{ frequently asked questions }
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> are the snow bunny, leopard, and/or bewitching skins getting updates too? </td></tr></table>
    yup! they're as far along as the skins in the announcement thread, but generally speaking we don't want to tease skins that players cannot pick up in the store.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> can we test the snow bunny, leopard, and bewitching skins? </td></tr></table>
    the current plan is to stick with classic, french maid, and pharaoh. i'll look into the possibility of expanding our pbe testing to include more than the ones currently available, but for the time being please assume that they won't be available. they don't have unique animations or particle effects, so there is less (but not zero) value in broadening our public testing efforts to include them.

{ known issues }
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> pharaoh nidalee's cat is entirely blue. </td></tr></table>
    we have a fix for this now.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> nidalee isn't the same size across all of her skins. </td></tr></table>
    we haven't done a pass for this yet, but we will address it before she ships.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ToyBoats View Post
    Are the projectile animations going to be updated for each skin? because they still use the default spear projectile animation on her other skins.
    </td></tr></table>
    yes, they'll be updated on skins with unique javelins.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Dyshana View Post
    Perhaps it's just me, but her breasts look mismatched (her left being slightly larger/different shaped than the right) on French Maid Nidalee.

I'm a bit obsessive about asymmetric details. S@20 also has a model viewer screenshot that shows this pretty clearly.
    </td></tr></table>
    ah, okay i see what you mean. i'll mention it to our texture artists—thanks for the report!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Conjuring View Post
    The only problem is her cougar form guys, is way to small...
    Also when you run in cougar form, its like you became smaller in every step, an then grow up again.. o.0

Sorry about my english..
    </td></tr></table>
    i'll take a look at her run with our animator—thanks!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Conjuring View Post
    Ok, this is new, french maid nidalee is smaller than normal
    i have some pictures..
    HOPE, the correct size is in the normal skin, because french maid is to small ..

http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4635/ggsize.png

Also i dont think you have to change the voice, is just amazing, and fits so well..
    </td></tr></table>
    we still need to do a sizing pass on all of her skins. the classic skin is the size we intend to make her across the board, so the french maid skin will be sized up to match.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by notFREEfood View Post
    I can't say that this is an issue specific to nidalee yet, but both time I played nid using the french maid skin I would get there random freezes for a fraction of a second (I think both may have been around the time I got my ult too).
    </td></tr></table>
    i'll make sure we're correctly loading the new assets up front. thanks for the heads up!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by LightEcho View Post
    Please tell the spear sound is the same.. please. That thunk is literally the best sound in the game.
    </td></tr></table>
    i think the current plan for audio is:
    -keep her voice and script the same as it is on the normal server.
    -keep her javelin toss 'hit' sound effect the same as it is on the normal server.
    -updated sound effects as seen fit for everything else.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trippedoutfish View Post
    I just saw someone playing Pharaoh Nidalee in a game and when she turned into cougar form the model loaded but the textures did not, and she was just all blue.

EDIT: called her Egyptian and not Pharaoh.

EDIT 2: It's happened again in this game.
    </td></tr></table>
    are all the players in the game seeing this, or do results vary per person?
    also, what are your in-game video settings?

thanks in advance!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Kanderas View Post
    Okay so I don't know how to say this without sounding rude so I'm just going to drop it out. It is common PBE jargon to refer to the 'normal server' as Live. I know it sounds nit-picky but it was just increadibly wierd seeing it being called the 'normal server.'

EDIT: Now I feel like an ass, telling a Rioter how to refer to their game.
    </td></tr></table>
    lol, no worries. i know how we refer to everything internally, but i try not to use too much jargon whenever possible. although many in this forum might understand what i mean when i talk about 'differences between pbe and live' not everyone will. this is especially true when we have newer players sign up.

if it ever got to the point where 'normal server' was less clear than 'live server' then i'd of course change.
  • thanks for all of the posts so far everyone!
    these have been helpful—i'll make more responses and update the original post after the weekend.