arclight varus - bugs and feedback thread

• these threads have been really helpful, so i want to start one up for the new arclight varus skin.
    same drill as before: please post bug reports and feedback here. i'll be reading this thread regularly until the skin's release.

thanks in advance!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by SCJ View Post
    I'd have to agree with the removal of the voice filter. It just doesn't fit the skin at all
    </td></tr></table>
    i'll ask the team about it. thanks for the suggestion!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ChrysaorFug View Post
    I don't know if this is still 'in effect' but upon watching the preview video his W 'pop' animation/particle was still that purple color, looked kind of out of place.
    </td></tr></table>
    We just fixed an issue with this, turns out the correct yellow particle was being used for three stack detonations but not for one or two stack detonations. Should be in the next PBE build whenever that goes out.
  • arclight varus should have some updates in this latest patch.
    thanks for all the reports and feedback so far!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Amelie85 View Post
    Yeah, I think this is a visual bug. I was hitting the caster minions 1 at a time, and the blight orbs would "jump" to one minion, giving it 4-5 orbs while the others lost their orbs. But the blight status effect still showed on the minions (when left-clicked on), just the orbs were missing. It didn't actually add more than 3 stacks to the minion with 4-5 orbs.

The skin itself is really nice. I really hope he gets his necklace back, though. I always loved that part of his animation.
    </td></tr></table>
    Were you getting this bug with Blight with or without Runaan's Hurricane? I've been able to reproduce it with Hurrricane's multi-shots, haven't seen it yet with a little bit of testing without.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Darksyde View Post
    This! I was really hoping his voice would sound more angelic or at least normal. Having the same demonic voice doesn't really make sense for a heavenly skin.
    </td></tr></table>
    One of our sound designers is looking into what would be involved in using Varus' voice acting without the effects applied to it. Can't make any promises as to what the outcome of that investigation will be, really not my area of expertise, definitely something we want to give a look though and see if it's possible to do (and have sound good).

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Tadpole117931 View Post
    When I was playing as Arclight Varus, my blighted quiver would affect turrets. His other abilities can't hit turrets so I couldn't pop them, but it still added some damage and could be confusing if you tried to pop them and just wasted abilities.
    </td></tr></table>
    Thanks for the report, that's extremely unintended.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
    When are you guys going to fix Arclight's particles affecting his other skins? Blight Crystal's arrow trail is missing, and both it and base have their passive particles messed up. Upon killing a minion it glows too bright, upon killing a champion it uses both colors.
    </td></tr></table>
    we did some work on this last night—the changes didn't make it in time for the pbe update, but this should be addressed before he ships.