Windows 8?

• I am thinking of upgrading to windows 8 tonight. Is this a good idea or should I wait a couple weeks? My friend told me League doesnt run on windows 8 so is that true? Should I upgrade? Is it worth $40?
  • Hey folks,
    While I'm not gonna get into the Windows 7 vs Windows 8 stuff, I will note that you should be able to play League just fine on it. Some of you have mentioned that you're having issues playing the game in Win8: can you tell me a little more about what's going on and what type of error/issue you're having?

I've been tracking a few Windows 8 things internally and I'd love to gather more information on problems so we can make sure everyone has a smooth, awesome experience.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by toraneko View Post
    League of Legends together with LoLReplay doesnt work on Windows 8.

Constant Adobe Air Crashes at random times.
    </td></tr></table>
    This is an issue with LoLReplay and as far as I know it's out of our hands. I've got a ticket where I've been investigating this and it's an active concern, but unfortunately it looks like one of those things where the monkey magic LoLReplay uses tends to cause instability due to the way things are handled in Windows 8.

Rest assured, I hate hearing about Adobe Air crashes and I'm keeping an eye on the issue.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by RainRainery View Post
    Unsure if related to W8 or not, but the reconnect button in games is entirely missing if my client crashes, forcing me to shut down league, start it back up and rejoin.
    </td></tr></table>
    I've actually been tagged by this one a couple of times and it's a wiley, clever little sucker. It's hard to reproduce.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> (Also i posted this in another thread; but we have the same birthday!) </td></tr></table>
    hi5 birthday bud~