Leaver Buster Questions (Not trying to get unbanned)

• Ok so I'm a bit confused about how this leaver buster system works. I was recently banned for 1 day for leaving games, as my internet connection has been faulty (I live in a little rinky-dink town without much connection to ANYTHING). Once I got unbanned, everything became stable again for about 4 days or so. I had been playing quite a few games (at least 15) so I thought that my leaver level had gone back down. I played a match on my college campus, and the client froze for about 10 minutes. I tried reconnecting, but got a message that the Leaver Buster system knocked my leaver level up to level 3 and I am banned for 5 or so days.

I thought that your leaver level goes down by playing and finishing games? Or do I have to go weeks straight without any sort of mishap? Could anyone give me a little insight here? I really don't want to go through another ban like that because of a faulty internet connection.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by DiminishedAC View Post
    Ok so I'm a bit confused about how this leaver buster system works. I was recently banned for 1 day for leaving games, as my internet connection has been faulty (I live in a little rinky-dink town without much connection to ANYTHING). Once I got unbanned, everything became stable again for about 4 days or so. I had been playing quite a few games (at least 15) so I thought that my leaver level had gone back down. I played a match on my college campus, and the client froze for about 10 minutes. I tried reconnecting, but got a message that the Leaver Buster system knocked my leaver level up to level 3 and I am banned for 5 or so days.

I thought that your leaver level goes down by playing and finishing games? Or do I have to go weeks straight without any sort of mishap? Could anyone give me a little insight here? I really don't want to go through another ban like that because of a faulty internet connection.
    </td></tr></table>
    Your leaverbuster level will go down as you play without leaving. But unfortunately I can't provide specific time frames as to how much time needs to pass before it decreases. Otherwise less... honorable players would try to game the system as much as possible to their benefit.

One thing to keep in mind though is that it is based off of game time played, and not real time. So if you tried to wait three weeks but only played one or two games, your leaver level would not decrease very much.