- Sejuani is not in the greatest place at the moment. And although she has a minor buff of 4 base armor and a longer lasting W on the PBE, I feel as though neither of those changes address her core issues that keep Sejuani from becoming a serious pick.
- I believe Sejuani's 2 main problems are as follows:
1) Boring, under-powered passive ability
- Compared to Gangplank's passive, in 2 hits (Parley included) Gangplank's passive will not only slow more than Sejuani's, but also do damage over time.
2) Lack of a defensive steroid
- She lacks the thing that the other Tank/Initiators all have. Nautilus has his scaling shield on his W. Amumu has passive damage reduction on his E. Etc.
My proposed change:
- Change her passive so that she gets X% damage reduction depending on how many enemy champions are currently affected with frost/permafrost.
- I feel as though my proposed change will knock out both of the fundamental issues that keep Sejuani from becoming a viable and exciting champion to play. This will also reward Sejuani players for landing successful Q's or ultimates, thus adding a bit higher skill-cap to the champion.
Thank you for reading this, and I hope that Sejuani receives a change, whether it be my proposed change or another one, in order to make my favorite champion a bit more user-friendly.
1000+ views and growing. <3
Now 8000+ and red posts
Quote:(Wish a red would come and explain what their thoughts are on Sejuani, what they feel could change, and what they've already tried)
my personal opinion as a sejuani player is that she could use some changes like the kind mentioned in enloct's thread, and some number shifting in her kit, but i think she's already a legitimate pick once you've put in enough time to learn her. i think one of her biggest issues is that the learning curve can be awful for most playersthere are improvements to be made to address that.
Quote:@ricklessabandon - Could you give us what you think of this suggestion? What if her W was a TOGGLE ability instead of what it currently is?
Quote:PS - How come Sejuani feels so ignored all this time, whereas Rengar, Syndra, and even Elise got a great deal of sweeping buffs all over in the patch immediately after they were released?
i guess i'd describe how i play her as 'magic-damage bruiser + playmaker' but i suppose 'tank that does damage' works fine as a description too. probably the biggest thing to keep in mind is that sejuani needs to do a lot of damage, which is why items like sunfire cape and haunting guise are so important to her. it's also why season 3 is exciting for se'nishe gets more aoe damage options in addition to sunfire cape (namely liandry's torment and iceborn gauntlet).
if your sejuani isn't capable of doing damage in a game, then she's probably only contributing awkward peels and a bit of aoe lockdown. those scenarios are the ones that new sejuani players can find themselves in fairly easily, and there aren't a lot of opportunities to get better when the entirety of their relevant gameplay loop is 'throw ult, use permafrost.'
my hopes for sejuani in season 3 are that players will see how good her damage itemization is and latch onto that. for players that want to play her more for tanky-support coming out of the jungle (which i didn't consider to be very prudent in season 2) there will be itemization in season 3 to help that out too, like the new aegis upgrade, locket of the iron solari, and ruby sightstone. once everyone settles into their own builds/playstyles, the live team can see what she needs from there.
that's how i currently view it anyway. i'm totally open to adjusting my views based on what i see everyone else doing in season 3, and how other champions are doing with the new changes.
Quote:Not every champion needs to satisfy every skill level. I really almost hate rickless's remarks about being easier and more forgiving. Why does every tank need to be easy.
in my opinion, having to spend time to get better at a champion is a good thing. thinking you've hit the skill ceiling way too early because you have no idea what you could be doing to get better isn't. the thing i want to be easier is identifying what you could have done better in games that don't go well.