What's with the weird lag/delay when logging into the client?

• Is this a known issue or should this be addressed in help/support?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by R35ur3c710n View Post
    Where did you come from? O.o I've seen you on the forums a lot lately, but only just recently, I thought I recognized every red on the forums. You're on top of things though, good job, Riot should have hired you long time ago (assuming you havn't been working here this whole time and I'm inattentive)
    </td></tr></table>
    I just started posting a few days ago. I like posting in general, and I'm passionate about the game. Hence, posts!

But above and beyond that, I'm involved with the Air Client team as a Technical Analyst, so stuff like this falls squarely into my field of knowledge
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by pmd View Post
    My issue is if I alt tab while the game is logging in itll get stuck logging in and I have to reload the client to try again without alt tabbing
    </td></tr></table>
    I'm not able to reproduce this behavior. When, precisely, are you alt tabbing? I've tried when the waiting dialog pops, before it, after it and come up dry all around. I always hear the click and transition into the landing page.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cuss Words View Post
    i've got the exact same issue every time i log in. it doesn't take long around -15 seconds but during that time icant click on username/password and just takes awhile to log in.
    </td></tr></table>
    Correct, this is the lack of feedback issue I was mentioning in my post

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Toysoldier View Post
    Like when I pick a champ and it says champ has already been selected then a few seconds later it picks it.
    </td></tr></table>
    This is definitely a behavior I'd like to see quashed, but it's super inconsistent and very hard to reproduce (and accordingly, hard to solve).
  • You should be able to get in after a short delay.

One issue that cropped up with the transition to the new Alerter popups (the Yes/No, Waiting, etc dialogs) is that we lost a little bit of feedback on what the Login process is doing, so that leads to some erroneous concerns that nothing's happening. This is a known issue that will hopefully be addressed in the near future.

To the topic at hand: the login process should take 5-15 seconds from the time you hit enter to the time you hit the landing page; that's just a pair of ballpark numbers on my end but it should cover most use cases. I just relogged to ensure that servers are fine and didn't hit any problems.

What sort of behavior are you seeing and how long does it take to get in?
  • Ok guys, thanks for the reports. I'll look into this issue with the alt tabbing as well as the hard freeze.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by R35ur3c710n View Post
    Would this bug fall under your jurisdiction then? http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post31745051
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes. I *think* we've got a fix for that coming out with 1.72 but I can't say for sure. I'll look into that on Monday.