Chat sevice not working

• Occasionally when I log in after logging off someone else's account, the chat service will not load on the client.

Say person A played a game, finished the game, then logged off. Person B logs on directly afterwards and his chat does not work. But if person B logs back out and person A logs in again, person A's chat will work just fine.

This situation happens pretty often with me, and is rather annoying.
  • Hey Guys!

While I know this is an incredibly old Thread, it appears that there are some of you who are still experiencing this issue! I myself have personally experienced this issue of not being able to connect to chat when switching accounts, so hopefully we can get this resolved as quickly as possible!

Typically, this issue is mostly caused by chat config files that become corrupted. This can usually be fixed by doing the following.

Navigate to:

C:\Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\projects\lol_air_client\releases\[Release Version]\deploy\preferences

Erase the {summonername}.properties file.

This should force the system to reset your chat configuration! However, if you are still unable to connect to chat even after deleting this file, then please do not hesitate to let us know by creating a new Support Ticket* so we may work with you one-on-one until arriving at a Full Resolution!

* Keep in mind that this advice was given based upon the information provided. If you would appreciate a further one-on-one interaction to solve this issue, make sure to send us a Support Ticket! You can send one from here: https://support.leagueoflegends.com/tickets/new Also, if you could please provide a link to this forum thread in the new ticket, it would be incredibly helpful!