Riot, Make a Widely Seen Announcement that Pick Order > Calling in Draft

• For whatever reason, the amount that I've been seeing this happen lately has increased dramatically. If you find it irritating that people find it justifiable to troll a game because your last pick called ad carry but your first picked it despite the call, up vote and bump.

And yes, it's in the summoner code, folks.
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Being a good team player begins at champion select. Be open minded when considering the needs of your team. If you’re the last one to pick, try to fill a niche in your team that hasn’t already been filled. </td></tr></table>
  • There is no official stance. At this time there is no intention to create an official stance.

The most recent word on the matter is here, from Pendragon:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Pendragon View Post
    I don't think it's possible for us to have an official stance. I think there's a grey line here where sometimes it's fine and sometimes it isn't fine.

Be socially aware, try to be flexible, communicate both ways, etc.
    </td></tr></table>
    Communicate, work with your team, focus on creating a good experience for all. Talking to people works pretty well! I've not had a single game today where i've been unable to negotiate some lane trades after people call them. Try it some time
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by blitz4 View Post
    But your also a red....These people will obviously be willing to trade with you. (No offense intended)
    </td></tr></table>
    Plenty of people don't realise what "Riot" means ingame. I also don't have problems on my smurf.

Com-mune-ik-a-shun. It's more than just a weird word for Reds.

(Get it?)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by SuddenlyPony View Post
    I guess that's a decent enough tl;dr for my post's link and direction... coughIlinkedthatthreadcough
    </td></tr></table>
    Yea I started writing a reply and had to look it up. You got there first. *hat tip*. Well, no hat, or mask. *hair flick* ;D
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by RiotDamiya View Post
    Com-mune-ik-a-shun. It's more than just a weird word for Reds.

(Get it?)
    </td></tr></table>
    This is a joke about Soviets and communism if you weren't sure.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    *Last pick calls mid*

First pick takes it cause first pick and he obviously feels more confident with it then the last pick.

"**** you ******, take my role i'm going mid anyway, ****er."

how do you have "Com-mune-ik-a-shun" without like this.
    </td></tr></table>
    Let's do some roleplay. I will be both first pick and last pick.

Me: "I'm last pick I call mid!"
    Me also: "Hey I'd really like to play mid, I'm pretty good at it. Are you good at anything else?"
    Me: "No, go Fiddlesticks yourself!"
    Me also: "Well ok, I guess I'll play top."
    Me also remains wary of other other toxic behaviors that may indicate a pattern, at which point she will politely ask the game to report the person in question for (xyz).

Alternative

Me: "I'm last pick, I call mid!"
    Me also: "Hey I'd really like to play mid, I'm pretty good at it. Are you good at anything else?"
    Me: "Ok I will jungle!"
    Me also: "Cool gg"
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    What game are you playing?

The game im playing i get, mid, im mid, mid or i feed, and then his buddy proceeds to call me a ****** because i dont think last pick should be calling a lane.

Must be nice to be playing league in whatever fairy tale your playing it in.
    </td></tr></table>
    A) Rude. Don't be rude.

B) I recognize your name, I know the types of things you post. Let's pull off the gloves; you're probably a jerk to people. I say this simply operating on the hypothesis that someone who's a jerk out of game is often a jerk *in game*.

Your way gets people going 'mid or feed' 'i'm mid' etc. How's that working out for you?

"My" way is not perfect. But it's also not 'my' way. It's the approach adults use to problems and challenges every day. It's the attitude people adopt to overcome things in their path. And it's the way mediators seek to form an equitable resolution from many disparate desires.

Your way gets you trolled.

At the end of the day, how much fun you do or don't have playing League is out of my hands. I want you to have a great time, and I want that for everyone. It seems like the attitude you adopt isn't really helping you reach that bar. Your results are, shall we say, lacking.

Maybe you should try a different approach.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Borigrad View Post
    This is as much of a solution as telling someone to "fiddlesticks" themselves and picking the role anyway. Compromise only works when both people get something they want, seems like in this situation you don't get to play the lane you intended to play and they do.
    </td></tr></table>
    I get a low stress game free of intentional feeding, trolling, and misery. Ultimately, that's something I want out of every game. In fact, I want that a lot more than to play one role in one game out of dozens a week.

I don't see aggressors and victims. I see people who want to play lanes and I see opportunities to seek solutions: sometimes we'll get there sometimes we won't, but by communicating openly and earnestly, everyone's much more likely to have a good game.

That's all I care about. Good games.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by MrFoxx View Post
    What game are you playing?

The game im playing i get, mid, im mid, mid or i feed, and then his buddy proceeds to call me a ****** because i dont think last pick should be calling a lane.

Must be nice to be playing league in whatever fairy tale your playing it in.
    </td></tr></table>
    A) Rude. Don't be rude.

B) I recognize your name, I know the types of things you post. Let's pull off the gloves; you're probably a jerk to people. I say this simply operating on the hypothesis that someone who's a jerk out of game is often a jerk *in game*.

Your way gets people going 'mid or feed' 'i'm mid' etc. How's that working out for you?

"My" way is not perfect. But it's also not 'my' way. It's the approach adults use to problems and challenges every day. It's the attitude people adopt to overcome things in their path. And it's the way mediators seek to form an equitable resolution from many disparate desires.

Your way gets you trolled.

At the end of the day, how much fun you do or don't have playing League is out of my hands. I want you to have a great time, and I want that for everyone. It seems like the attitude you adopt isn't really helping you reach that bar. Your results are, shall we say, lacking.

Maybe you should try a different approach.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Raviance View Post
    So what do we default to if Riot won't give us a default?

Riots stance should be simple....
    </td></tr></table>
    You've been given a default. You may not appreciate it, may not welcome it, but it's there. Waiting for you.

Don't be a jerk.
  • I'm going to throw this little tidbit here, since it's a point salient to both threads:

When I or anyone else says "Don't be a jerk", it's not meant to be parsed. It's not meant to be metered and weighed and dissected into glorious little parcels of understanding.

It means chill out, talk to people, get along, and be a good sportsman with up to 9 strangers. There's a lot of people that don't get reported, that never see the Tribunal. The vast majority of the playerbase never passes those stained gates to stand judgment.

"Don't be a jerk" means just that. It's a game. Have fun. Communicate with people. Sometimes you'll get everything you want. Often you won't.