Players pls

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Auspexa View Post
    Someone's gonna read my comment.
    </td></tr></table>
    of course =)
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by NeoSprtacus2 View Post
    It's nice to see some surveys here. Not to be a bother, but this is kind of my area of expertise (test development, item creation, item analysis, etc.). Have you done a prior similar survey asking these questions before, or do you plan on doing it again? I think I see all of the effects you are going for in asking these questions, but how are you going to utilize these results; are you going to make additional jobs based off of this, or are you doing it mostly as exploratory analysis, or even to find a way to decrease forum trolling (that one dichotomous item did not go unnoticed). Thanks for any responses, for what it's worth, I put 'strongly agree' to "do you get excited if a riot member interacts with you? [paraphrase]"

P.S. You guys should consider using qualtrics, it's easier to handle the data & download it and they provide you with a very nice interface. I haven't worked with more than 10k items in a dataset so I can't imagine what it would be like if you have the response rate of even 5% of the forum viewers (you're probably expecting/striving for ~50k responses?)...

P.P.S. If you need any help analyzing the data, I would certainly love to look at it. I nerd out with large datasets. More of a remote analyst, can't quite leave without defending...
    </td></tr></table>
    Appreciate the input =) We care a lot about the type of behavior and interactions players want to see from Rioters. You'll notice Riot is pretty unique in the fact that we encourage everyone in the company to get out there and be part of the community. This sort of data helps guide the kinds of tools and education we provide to new and existing Rioters when they're looking to improve their communication skills. Additionally, the comparison of data across the multiple channels in which we run this sort of survey helps when we start to consider the most impactful communication channels to focus our efforts on.

With regards to the survey tech, I'll see if I can snag someone from the research team to weigh in there =P If you're interested in that sort of thing, you might wanna check this out and see if you'd be a good fit to apply.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by NeoSprtacus2 View Post
    It's nice to see some surveys here. Not to be a bother, but this is kind of my area of expertise (test development, item creation, item analysis, etc.). Have you done a prior similar survey asking these questions before, or do you plan on doing it again? I think I see all of the effects you are going for in asking these questions, but how are you going to utilize these results; are you going to make additional jobs based off of this, or are you doing it mostly as exploratory analysis, or even to find a way to decrease forum trolling (that one dichotomous item did not go unnoticed). Thanks for any responses, for what it's worth, I put 'strongly agree' to "do you get excited if a riot member interacts with you? [paraphrase]"

P.S. You guys should consider using qualtrics, it's easier to handle the data & download it and they provide you with a very nice interface. I haven't worked with more than 10k items in a dataset so I can't imagine what it would be like if you have the response rate of even 5% of the forum viewers (you're probably expecting/striving for ~50k responses?)...

P.P.S. If you need any help analyzing the data, I would certainly love to look at it. I nerd out with large datasets. More of a remote analyst, can't quite leave without defending...
    </td></tr></table>
    We do a lot of different survey and lab studies, actually! There's a few of us here at Riot that handle that kind of work. We try not to be too noisy about it, since bugging people with surveys all the time can be pretty annoying--so most things are random sampling of just enough what we need based on power analysis.

Qualtrics is quite nice--we use it for a good chunk of our stuff Good luck with the defense! And hey, we're actually hiring more researchers...
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by SgtSarros View Post
    DAVIN! Sorry to partially hijack this thread but it's research related. What happened to your research on females on the forums you were going to look up when you came into work on monday? I can't find the thread and I never saw you come up again on dev tracker.
    </td></tr></table>
    Ah, I'll hop in that thread so as to not derail this one.
  • Hey Guys,

One of the things we focus on here at Riot is ensuring that as many Rioters as possible are actively engaging with players. Like everything else we do, we want to make our forum interaction better for you guys, and to do that we need your help. Please take a few minutes of your time and fill out this survey to tell us how we’re doing. We’ll also be sending out a handful of surveys on other channels, like Twitter, and Reddit. You’ll see those rolling out soon, so keep an eye out on your favorite social platforms for more ways you can help us get better.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sylvr View Post
    I left a decently lengthy comment at the end of the survey. I hope the staff going through those isn't too flooded- I would feel bad for contributing to that. Furthermore, I hope the comment is useful.
    </td></tr></table>
    Thanks dood. Ultimately thats what we're looking for. The more feedback the better.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sylvr View Post
    You know, for having red posts in it, this thread isn't getting a whole lot of attention.

Bump
    </td></tr></table>
    Appreciate it haha, we should be alright. I'm confident players will want to have their voice heard =)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by NJ Gamer View Post
    it is, as long as you actually play >_>
    after all, Romulus said "players pls"
    </td></tr></table>
    I play a lot. It's sort of my job =)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by LastProtagonist View Post
    @IronStylus I'm sorry bro; I totally forgot to add you to the most active Rioters on the forums. how i forget dianaxleona luv i dont even
    </td></tr></table>
    I WILL NEVER FORGIVE YOU.

Wait.. what was I angry about? Eh, I can't remember.

So I hear you like Diana and/or Leona.

Also, Romulus, I took the survey too. Is.. is that cool?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreggon View Post
    I thought your job was drawing pretty pictures

Also, how do you feel about cockatoos?
    </td></tr></table>
    Shhhh, I've got a good thing going here!

I love 'toos but they are hard to manage and are extremely needy. I'd be afraid to keep one as I don't think I could give it the attention it would need.