1k Upvotes for Honor Clarification, Riot!

• Seeking 1000 Upvotes to raise awareness about the Honor System.

How it works, details, changing Ribbons, losing Ribbons, getting new Ribbons

All that stuff.

We deserve clarification, please.

P.S. How do I get rid of my Honorable Opponent ribbon? I have 71 honors.

I have 102 Teamworks. Yet no Teamwork ribbon seems to be in sight. 75 or more Teamworks have been recently within the last 3 weeks, the VAST majority.

EDIT: I do not receive honor from friends. I only play with 2 or 3 and they don't do it. They are 99.9% from randoms.

EDIT 2: 6 Upvotes in 33 mins. Anyone good at math?

EDIT 3: Attached a photo for transparency. Don't make fun of my ELO!!!!

EDIT 4: Got 40 upvotes in a matter of a few hours. Keep up the awareness!
  • Since Honor was released release, Lyte has been pretty good at releasing various information about the Honor system.

If you truly are interested in what's been said, I really encourage you to check out these threads:

Introducing Honor: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=29448823

Initial Honor Results: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2660000

I can summarize a few of your main questions, but more than likely the specific answers you seek can be found in that thread.

How do you get ribbons?
    - When you've received enough honor for a specific category you will unlock an honor ribbon.

How do you change ribbons?
    - It is not currently possible to change Honor ribbons, or specify which one you would like displayed. If you have more than one honor ribbon then the ribbon which is currently most rare will be the one that is displayed.

How do you lose a Ribbon/Honor?
    1) If you are judged guilty by the Tribunal you will lose all honor and ribbons on your account. Dishonorable conduct has its consequences. When you start playing again you will have the opportunity to re-earn them.
    2) If you transfer servers you will lose any honor and ribbons earned on your original server. This is because the "norms" for each region may be different, and it doesn't make sense to assume that because you were honored in one place, you would be honored in the next.
    3) If you play games but do not continue to earn Honor, then in some cases your ribbon may decay. This is to stop people from unlocking a ribbon and then suddenly deciding they don't have to try anymore. In order to keep your ribbons you have to work for them. If your ribbon has been lost due to decay, you can re-earn it. In fact, it will most likely be easier to re-earn it the second time around then it was the first time.

How do I get more than one Ribbon?
    - The type of ribbon you unlock depends on what kind of honor you earn. You can earn more than one ribbon. You'll just need to earn enough honor in more than one category.

How do I get rid of a Ribbon?
    -It is not possible to turn off the display of an honor ribbon.

How does the system work? Why do I have more honor points then someone else, yet they have the ribbon and I don't?
    - We are not sharing the exact details of the Honor system to prevent abuse. But the amount of honor it takes to unlock a ribbon will be different for everyone and depends on a number of factors.

There are no real "tricks" to get a ribbon; the only surefire way to unlock an Honor Ribbon is to play and act honorably in your games consistently.

Lastly, to finish this off, this is merely what we have now. PB&J is always working on this system (and many others) at any given time. I know they've been especially interested in the kinds of feedback players have since it's been released. So don't take what I say as the end all be all. They're definitely listening to you guys.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Viro Melchior View Post
    Wookie, can you answer a simple question then:

Do people who played thousands of games before honor have it easier, equal, or harder than a new-to-level-30 account in terms of earning honor ribbons?
    (ie, do games played before honor affect gaining ribbons)
    </td></tr></table>
    Equal
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by NJ Gamer View Post
    can you please explain this in greater detail? It seems to make no sense; if it shows the rarest ribbon, for everyone with that ribbon, wouldnt that then make the ribbon being displayed the most common? Also, ive seen many, many people with honourable opponent, if it shows the most rare why does this ribbon show up the most? i hardly ever see anything other than honourable opponent.
    If you cannot answer this please redirect us to someone who can.
    </td></tr></table>
    Rarest to earn. So if you have multiple ribbons, the one that is the hardest to get (and therefore the larger achievement) is the one that is shown.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
    Are the ribbons based on fixed numbers or by percentile because I see very little honor given out anymore and don't know anyone who has earned a ribbon (of any variety) since the first month. I hold hope of getting one of the other ribbons but despite my being an awesome dude (and humble too) I don't see it happening unless it is based on percentiles.
    </td></tr></table>
    Getting honors isn't harder today than it has been in the past. While there was a ton of participation the first day - as with any new feature - its settled into a pretty good groove and we're looking at ways to keep educating and encouraging people to use it. It is not significantly harder to earn a crest today than before. Keep going for it, you'll get there.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Remuko View Post
    so whats up with getting the same ribbon multiple times? ive been told i got the honorable opponent one like 4 times. i never lost my honor or my ribbon for any reason, all my numbers are the same but then even though i already had the ribbon it would say i got it again. o.o
    </td></tr></table>
    There was a bug in the display code that would spam you with the ceremony in certain situations. I think we've fixed it... if it's still spamming you at the moment, could you throw a report into the bug reports forum?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by 13bmw13 View Post
    since there are 4 different ribbons you can earn why can't you have one in each corner opposed to just one in the top right?
    </td></tr></table>
    Looks bad and confusing, especially when multiple people on the loading screen have them.

4 corners, for ribbons, times 10 people, plus all the different season reward trims.... looks really really noisy and bad.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ÐAT GUY View Post
    185 Teamwork, still not a single ribbon =(
    </td></tr></table>
    This is a pretty common misconception:

Honorable Opponent has a 1:1 relationship between the honor you get and the crest you receive.

Every other Crest is about having a combination of honors. Mentor is about being helpful and friendly, as an example.

And the number of honors on your profile is just a counter, so you can understand how you've racked up honor nods from other players over time. It doesn't really represent how honorable the system thinks you are which is much more based on consistency of being honored and from whom. If I was honored by 9 other players some of whom were my friends in two games, that's not as good as having 1 honor from a stranger once a game for 18 games.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by EmperialGoddess View Post
    So when you receive a ribbon, does it become harder to receive the other ones? Like you need a ridiculous amount to achieve another? I currently have the Honorable Opponent ribbon, but I have more Teamwork than anything, yet I don't have the Teamwork badge.
    Thank you for answering our questions
    </td></tr></table>
    Nope, stays just the same. I would sort of argue it would be easier since you're already on the right track and developing the right habits and other players recognize that, but from a system standpoint its just equally as difficult in general.

That being said, we've found that the different crests are different "difficulties" to receive based on how often the different honors are handed out. Players seem to be very careful about whom they say is "helpful" whereas they are much happier to mark someone as "friendly."
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chamaquillo View Post
    I only have enought time in a week to play a few games, but I get honored in most of my games, usually multiple honors. Since I don't play frequently, my counts are low. But shouldn't I still get a ribbon since I have a good percentage?

Is there a threshold number of honors I have to get before I get a ribbon, and if so, why can't it take into consideration percentages so that those who don't play frequently but are honorable can be recongized as such? Thanks.

I'm just a little bummed by the fact that I don't have one of those cool ribbons and I also feel like people look at me and see that I don't have one, and their first impression is "potentially toxic, maybe gonna be a leaver..." which is fine because that misconception is quickly fixed, but still, can us "very casual gamers" get any Honor Love for high honor percentages even if we don't meet the threshold?

Edit: Hmm, below a Red. I think this is my first time for that. I wouldn't think anything of it, except there seems to be a LoL forum obsession about editting your post and saying "Cool" if this happens to you. So ... Cool?
    </td></tr></table>
    Since it matters about how consistently you get honored, it doesn't matter if you play lots or few games.

That said, you may be under the impression that all the crests are 1:1 relationship with honors which is not the case. Unless its Honorable Opponent, if you are getting mostly 1 kind of honor - you won't unlock a crest. You need to be honorable in multiple ways to unlock most crests.