Black Cleaver should apply a self buff, rather than a debuff.

• Because tanks are getting absolutely ****ed this patch. And me going black cleaver every game is causing it.

All the work done ensuring AD carries no longer steamroll over teams goes to waste when a player can give an AD carry 30% armor pen for free on an item that is entirely viable 1v1.

Anyway, just a thought. As fun as it is with black cleaver the team utility is sorta nutty.
  • I think it's mostly the %'s that are a tad bit off at this point. 30 / 35% = 45.5% effective armor, whereas 25/30 = 52.5% effective armor.

When I was tuning LW and % pen nerfs, I don't think I took into account how we made all armor more expensive by about 20%. We'll be tracking if this gets out of line - but for now, we're actually more interesting in seeing how AD Casters with BC pan out.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Xyph, I cant help but think you guys had this patch in mind when you reworked Garen. Is that true? Black Cleaver and a number of items and masteries seem to augment his kit pretty well. </td></tr></table>
    During Garen's rework, we had a number of mechanics that we wanted to add onto Garen's kit to make him "fit" into the game more - but the more we looked at it, they didn't feel like aspects that were missing from the kit but more like aspects that were missing from the class / game as a whole.

It showed us a lot of where things needed a bit of filling in but it also showed us that it was probably inappropriate to have it just on the kit passively.