Dear IronStylus: The Hawkeye project

• I just figured you might find this relevant to your interests.

I also figured the rest of GD might get a laugh out of it.

http://thehawkeyeinitiative.tumblr.com/

To clarify, I'll quote its mission statement below:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> "How to fix every Strong Female Character pose in superhero comics: replace the character with Hawkeye doing the same thing." -Gingerhaze </td></tr></table>
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Vilosophe View Post
    One gentle bump. Figured people might find some entertainment in it, but does not really seem like it.
    </td></tr></table>
    Oh, I am certainly entertained.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Mihlo View Post
    The Draven Initiative is a go.
    </td></tr></table>
    Oh.. my.. GOD.

This NEEDS to be a thing! Like that one pic of Draven in the swimsuit which was mimicking the Riven fanart.. AARRGG YES.
  • The Hawkeye Initiative is one of the best Tumblr concepts around. People have some angry reactions to it, but I think if you love a thing (whether it's comics, film, League of Legends, etc.) you are more than allowed to point out when it doesn't hit the mark you want it to hit
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Arcane Azmadi View Post
    Oh god, I spent ages bumping that thread and somehow never noticed that the infamous Draven pic was a direct parody of the Riven pic (even though I saved the Riven pic to my "special resources" folder). Probably because they weren't next to each other and I was busy applying the Brain Bleach. Thanks for pointing it out, now I think it's hilarious!

For your perusal:
    </td></tr></table>
    This is EXACTLY how I envisioned The Draven Initiative =)