Heart of Gold is back?

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> So is Heart of Gold going back onto the Twisted Treeline, Crystal Scar, or Proving Grounds then? </td></tr></table>
    You'd have to try to ping Nome on their respective forums. I'm mostly just watching for high-level itemization feedback at the moment when I'm doing my forum crawl.
  • Third party sites get their information by attempting to data scrape / mining whatever text files have been modified.

I am unaware of any plans to return HoG back to SR.

Don't trust information from third-party sites as they tend to get their information through less than optimal means.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> As a curiosity, why isn't there an official thread for PBE patch notes in the PBE forum? Might help clear up misconceptions like this. </td></tr></table>
    We try to push to PBE as often as humanly possible. This means that any patch notes would be quickly outdated. If a build is stable, it typically goes onto PBE.

This basically means that the maintenance costs required for the PBE patches would be particularly high. That's not a great answer - but we want to get players playing on new builds as often as possible. PBE is constantly being updated whenever we have a solid build that we can push.

Part of this is because the PBE isn't only for design or balance feedback but also a good way to track issues / problems that players might encounter. Fixing these quickly by having constant pushes allows us to minimize the number of redundant problem reports.