Okay guys, here's what we do about Katarina's animation removal

• If the skins come out and it turns out that the animation was removed, we downvote the skin announcement thread and give the exact reason why.

Deal?

<Edit: Since this is getting some exposure anyways - can we make her hair red again please? Katarina is a lovely redhead and I do not wish to pay for a fluorescent carrot with my RP>
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Krimson62 View Post
    If they remove it i will also ask for riot to implement a maturity feature, like every single game that shows blood or suggestive themes.

Haters and overprotective parents can turn it off
    </td></tr></table>
    I need to be clear about something here: the reason we're removing it (and make no mistake, we are) is because there's a lot of places where we're happy to do that, as you guys have noticed, but this skin was not the right place for this sort of thing.

Nidalee has a spear, easily a pole. She's also generally closely related to "hot night elf chick" and has some innate *** appeal to her - pole dance is awesome here.

Katarina in Reindeer ears with a pole dance is just off. It's not about right and wrong, it's not about sensitivity, it's about "what makes sense with this content?"

If you want to think there's some PC police that guide our hand, I can't stop you, but do a quick search on our thoughts to the contrary of this (go look in the spider queen or Nami threads) you'll find that we normally go forward with it when we believe it's the right choice for the champ or skin. In this case, it's just not.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Tsubakixv View Post
    Hold on a second so you're telling me between keeping an awesome, unique animation vs keeping some lame antlers you'd rather remove the animation.... Morello dawg you can't be real on this.
    </td></tr></table>
    Then basically, you don't like the theme of this skin. That's OK, the animation is not the skin's thematic - it's an additional element that runs counter to it.

Again, I don't think my history shows me as sensitive to this overall, so the intent argument is moot.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ComanderMolander View Post
    inb4 downvoted to oblivion
    </td></tr></table>
    I'm sure
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by YouHearThat View Post
    ok and veigar going down the chimney getting removed too ?
    </td></tr></table>
    Santa goes down the chimney...

This concept isn't hard to understand, imo. :x
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Keshaldra View Post
    Someone summed this up better than me, but we have a TON of skins that don't "fit the theme". That's usually what makes them cool. Fiddlesticks probably doesn't throw surprise parties. Chogath is likely not a gentleman, and definitely not a robot. C'mon Riot. Despite what the forum threads would lead you to believe sometimes...we're not stupid.
    </td></tr></table>
    Right, but Gentleman Cho'Gath doesn't throw flowers on the ground when he recalls - that would be a problem, too.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
    Alright a very good argument from a design point of view +1. I was worried that you guys were going to start censoring the game. However i hope you'll be replacing it with an equally awesome recall animation and not just a filler one.
    </td></tr></table>
    Never - we think that's how you create things that are trite overall. I'll fight tooth and nail against anything of the sort
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Quintessence View Post
    thematically veigar would never go down a chimney, he would blow down the door and walk in.
    </td></tr></table>
    Let me clarify;

The skin doesn't have to be thematically consistent to the character.

Elements of a skin need to be consistent to the theme of the skin.

If Bewitching Nidalee threw Christmas Trees, we'd remove that too.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mornan View Post
    I don't understand.

The skin came along this far on its own - meaning it had to pass by several Rioter's eyes - and only just today, just -now- you guys are finding it a problem with making sense?
    </td></tr></table>
    This does happen sometimes because we work fast here and exposure to content is sometimes lower internally. This is just the first time you've seen it

Things change all the time in development, no one cares though unless they see the change
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Morello View Post
    Never - we think that's how you create things that are trite overall. I'll fight tooth and nail against anything of the sort
    </td></tr></table>
    A point that makes me laugh is that this gets downvoted, because "rawr I'm mad" determines reaction, not quality/populairty of the statement.

Either decision will piss people off because different people have different opinions.