@IronStylus, Steel Legion Lux

• Splash art: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-VBecPxYVhA...x_Splash_5.jpg
    Newest preview: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EK9x0mNq5Gk

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Spellbane View Post
    You can see the skin model here: http://i.imgur.com/PCDlP.png
    And a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAEOc4-N-9E
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Set Tesh View Post
    New Particles, with more rainbows and lightning
    note still nowhere near finished, but its an update
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPvYR0QHgAo
    </td></tr></table>

I understand you like females with clothes on. I understand you like females going into battle with armor.
    But why are you doing this to Lux? I get that its a different "theme" and resembles mech more than actual military, but she looks like your common foot soldier.

With that out of the way, onto some criticism:
    1) This shouldn't conflict with your ideals- put a full helmet on her. Her face seems out of place in this skin.

2) Give it some actual color. The skin is an ugly, dull, mono-tone like her last two.
    To elaborate, look at Full Metal Jayce. Its brightly colored and nice to look at. This is the kind of thing Steel Legion currently needs.

The one thing I do like about the skin, however, is the recall animation. It is surprisingly awesome.

Just try and keep in mind what we've been asking for next time. This is pretty much in the exact opposite direction.

minor edit: The skin has potential, but in its current state I'm still going to rock Spellthief during battle. I don't even care if it gets slapped with a 1350 price tag- make it awesome. Please keep this bumped!
    p.s. i apparently passed my 1k win mark even though on profile it only says 982 wins. Lets get a game in sometime.

EDIT: Opinion on the new particles: They're cool, but they make the outfit itself look even worse. Need to make the skin itself match the "flashiness" of the particles.

Some constructive thoughts:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nkighte View Post
    I feel like it needs to move away from "Steel Legion" military armor and go more towards magitech. What I mean is, right now it translates like: there was a suit of armor that Lux just puts on, rather than here's a suit of armor tailor made for Lux. The design needs to be stream-lined, less bulk, no monster thighs and more vibrant; give her a ponytail or something, make it seem like shes a teenage girl. Right now it seems like she's trying on Garen's robot suit (and personally it kind of looks like some futuristic welder).

tl;dr - remove some of the bulk, brighten it up, and make it seem more girly. My own preference: magic-girl tech armor (less military more magic)
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Ch3rry P0ppinz View Post
    I've said in other threads to bring the light steel colour down to her pants, like her knee plates as well as some parts of the shoes. I think it'll look nicer and more consistent if the light steel colour is incorporated into her pants as well. And I feel like her arms look really heavy so maybe they can trim the armor there a bit? And they should make her thighs less fat... I'm not sure if it's the armor making it appear this way or her actual body.
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by superwill222 View Post
    Hi IronStylus, thanks a lot for your involvement in this thread. Long time reader, never spoken to you directly I don't think.

In the other long thread regarding Steel Legion Lux, I think I was one of a small handful who regularly posted in support of Steel Legion Lux, so I thought that since you said you wanted more feedback from all sides of the conversation I might put my two cents in.

Firstly, Lux was the first champ I ever played, has been my favourite ever since and I think I fall comfortably in the category of a Lux lover. I currently own Spellthief Lux. I was really excited when I heard about Commando Lux, but chose not to grab it when I saw the in-game model. Then when I heard of Imperial Lux coming up, I was so excited, but the end product really didn't appeal to me at all. I really don't wish to offend anyone at Riot by that, but that's just some personal feedback.

When I saw this Steel Legion skin, I loved it. But at the same time I can definitely see room for improvement.

The features that I think are great, and seem to have attracted support from those both for/against this skin:
    • Her wand looks awesome (maybe a little big?)
    • Her recall animation rocks
    • She's wearing battle gear that doesn't shamelessly display her body, but still has some of her beauty showing through.

Some possible areas of improvement:
    • The armour generally looks pretty cool imo, but could use a little work. I think if you are able to find a happy medium between the grunge + functionality of its present form and the sleekness/shine of Pulsefire armour that would be more aesthetically pleasing and more Lux-like.
    • The animations are a good start but feel a little clunky and un-Lux-like. I know that new particles will come in to play here too.
    • I personally love her head as is, with her hair/face being on show along with a bit of armour. However, if there was an appropriate helmet it could work well, or others have suggested a ponytail. Either could work, but I actually like it as is.

Obviously you're a little confined by your overall vision for the Steel Legion Theme, but I think if you're able to add a little more flair, flavour and shine to it, you'll avoid the over-saturation of mech that you alluded to, whilst creating a product more fitting to Lux and reaching a wider fanbase.

All the best with the continued production!
    </td></tr></table>
  • Being PBE content, this is always subject to change. I can't comment a ton on it but I want to thank you for the well composed and constructive feedback. I'd love to get into the philosophy here but I want to get some information on my end straight before I go too far into it.

Sorry, I know I usually dive head first into these conversations, and I am fully aware of the feedback and critiques on the forums about this particular subject, I'm just lacking some particular info on my side that I'd need to make any sort of compelling post on the matter.

I'll get back to it ASAP, but please don't hold me to getting into the meat of the design or choices too soon, I've got a lot on my plate as of late =)

Thanks though, I very much appreciate the feedback. You and others make excellent points. I'll try to provide more context ASAP.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
    Can't wait to hear your feedback, but it is good to know you're still around.
    </td></tr></table>
    Am I ever NOT around? =)
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by IAmYourAlly View Post
    I completely agree. Thanks for giving us an update- it actually means alot to us Lux players. Don't let the negative comments of some make you believe we are all like that- i'm happy to wait as long as i know we're still being thought about.
    </td></tr></table>
    I want to make sure you always have the proper context and information. It's not easy being on this side of development sometimes. People don't always have the entire picture, sometimes things on our end change, sometimes we have to hold our tongues for reasons which we can't even talk about. Often it's just standard practices I try to live by:

Don't promise anything that can't be delivered upon.
    Don't unreasonably raise expectations.
    Don't discuss specific features.
    Don't speak about release dates.

That's all very industry standard. It's a code that we live by despite how much we might want to spill our guts in an emotional way at a time of heated passion or let people in on the very rigorous processes we have to show them the entire scheme, I've logged a lot of time in a lot of different communities to know that I can't let my emotions get a handle on me. That's why I tend to try to step back, let things settle, make sure I have my information straight, and then come back to the discussion.

Right now Lux is PBE content. That's not set in stone, but it's still obviously visible for eyes to see that we're making. Certain assumptions come with that by our players, sometimes without the entire picture, sometimes without the nuance involved in the production.

At the end of the day however, this is about you, our players being happy and feel as though you've had a part in creating what we produce. I want you to know specifically that I have read what's been discussed. I did the concept for Steel Legion Lux but right now I feel the context is missing. I'm not in a position to discuss the context right now because I'm at the very beginning of that process in the pipeline, I'm not involved in cadence and release. I have made my thoughts and opinions available to those who are and we're all having a very productive internal discussion about the facets of skin production and release.

Perhaps the best I can say right now is that I do have concerns about cadence and theme saturation, but again, I'm discussing that internally with people. That's where the real solutions will come from.

We'll get things sorted out, we'll always look to our players to make sure we're listening. Things are still fluid. Things are still up for discussion. I'd like to keep the discussion going and simply get more feedback from all sides of the conversation. As always, the positive discussions are the most valuable, those are the ones I pay attention to.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Trynd The King View Post
    Is he ever coming back?
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah, I'm around. There's some internal discussion going on right now and it's not the right time for me to comment just yet. Yes, I have thoughts, ideas, some context, etc, but I want to get my mental and procedural ducks in a row before I do. I don't want to come off emotional and I want to make sure I have the whole picture as well before I go into things.

Sorry if this takes a bit of time. The discussion in the community is something that's being closely paid attention to and is giving us the opportunity to discuss our cadence, theme saturation and other facets that have been raised in the last week.

I'm not ducking anything but I'm going to think long and hard before I come out with any comments. I know this is an extremely sensitive subject, I know Lux players in particular are passionate about her and that I want to make sure I have the right amount of time to devote to a discussion, I'm pretty busy so I don't want to just make a one-off post and have to forget about it for a week whilst I finish what's on my plate at work.

I hope you understand.

Thanks