bestial is pronounced beastial

• so listen to the champion spotlight for nid, i know its spelled without that "a" but we still pronounce it in the word. i didnt write the dictionary but im a bit of a stickler for pronunciation.

assuming fof course you mean the word that describes her to be like a beast (beastial) and not some pun about nid being the best(ial)
  • \ˈbes-chəl, ˈbesh-, ˈbēs-, ˈbēsh-\
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by notanxj9smurf View Post
    it's phreak. he can pronounce it however the **** he feels because tons of damage.
    </td></tr></table>
    haha
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by flyingtoasters View Post
    bro do you even IPA
    </td></tr></table>
    HAHAHA
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by GodEmperorLetoII View Post
    ē = same as the name of letter "E" in English

Thus the pronunciation that the OP states is correct.
    </td></tr></table>
    both are correct. the pronunciation i posted shows that according to m-w.com there are four accepted variations. it might look a little odd since it's a polysyllabic word that has four pronunciations of one syllable and only one pronunciation of the other, so they use a 'shorthand' way of writing that. written out, the four variations are:
    ˈbes-chəl
    ˈbesh-chəl
    ˈbēs-chəl
    ˈbēsh-chəl

these variations are all acceptable in the united states. if there were regional variations, it would look something like this:
    \ˈske-(ˌ)jül, -jəl, canada also ˈshe-, british usually ˈshe-(ˌ)dyül\
    which should be a familiar distinction if you've seen audrey heburn's roman holiday.