12/13 - Preseason Balance Update 1

• Summoners,

On December 14, 2012, starting at 00:30 PST, ranked queues will be disabled in preparation for the Preseason Balance Update 1 Patch. At 02:00 PST, the servers will be shut down and all games currently in progress will end in a draw and stats will not be recorded. We estimate the battlegrounds will be unavailable for 6 hours.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates!

Update:
    08:20 PST - Maintenance is complete. Patcher may display busy while we slowly let players back on. We are investigating issues with friends lists.
    08:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing. Thank you for your continued patience.
    07:30 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    07:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    06:30 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    06:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    05:30 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    05:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    04:30 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    04:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    03:30 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    03:00 PST - Maintenance is still ongoing.
    02:30 PST - Maintenance is underway.
    02:00 PST - The servers have been brought offline for the patch.
    12:30 PST - Ranked queues have been disabled in preparation for the maintenance.
  • While we're closing in on the finish line folks, we've still got a few more steps. Hold tight!
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Bonajo View Post
    Hmm, a few more steps? Wonder how long that'll take them -.-
    </td></tr></table>
    We're on the final step of the checklist before Dannamoth and I sweep to make sure everything's ready. We've already popped the patch, so then it's just opening the floodgates .
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Jecht Windu View Post
    I don't believe you.
    </td></tr></table>
    Oh no, you've found me out . It's secretly in my best interests to raise player's hopes just to dash them shortly thereafter. I feed on your tears.

Man I am going to be crucified if a major issue pops up <_<.
  • Should be about 8 more minutes.
  • Enjoy!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by DevilMonk View Post
    troll is still of for me
    </td></tr></table>
    It might take a few minutes to propagate out to everyone, but the floodgates are open and people are logging in.
  • We are throttling people in now - your launcher may say unavailable for a bit as we ramp up the login queue. We do this gently to ensure that the platform doesn't have issues coming from a standing start. If you still see Unavailable or Busy, that should self-resolve in just a few minutes .
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Galbalicious View Post
    Dear Summoners. An unforeseen issue will be keeping the servers offline for the remainder of the week. We are currently vivisecting Jozrael and feeding him to Rengar.
    </td></tr></table>
    I have a morbid fascination with that word, no idea why. Love it .
  • You may see an empty friends list shortly after the servers come up, the chat server takes the longest to fully warm up. EDIT: This should not self-resolve, you'll actually need to relog for this. We are working on improving this behavior.