Curious about how to get the Baron Nashor Icon.

  • Can a Red be more specific about the requirement?

    Holiday Nashor Icon: you’ll get this icon for staying off Bad Santa Veigar’s naughty list, and spreading holiday cheer this Snowdown

    Does this mean if someone reports me I immediately lose my chances of getting this icon? Or is it more like if you get banned through out the whole time of this event? Or maybe is it if you appear on the tribunal?
  • It's not just about avoiding bans and is not directly tied to Honor.

    Just be positive in your matches throughout the holidays and you'll have a chance to unlock Santa Baron at the end of Snowdown Showdown as well.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Tidal Trickstér View Post
    i had it unlocked instantly, im guessing i met the requirements early?
    </td></tr></table>
    The first wave of players that got the icon first were among the most positive in 2012. However, players who are positive during Snowdown Showdown can also unlock it at the end of the event.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Phyrexia View Post
    I wish they would be more transparent with the info related to these icons. It's one thing to hold back raw mechanics on the honor system/tribunal to prevent abuse but for a limited time unlockable that players will never have a chance to obtain again?

    Having mysterious requirements just seems like a horrible and frustrating choice.
    </td></tr></table>
    I agree in some ways this is more frustrating to our players; however, it's intentional for many reasons. Let's say we tied it to getting 1 Honor during the holiday season. What do you think would happen?

    Every game would be players just saying, "Hey, give me 1 Honor and I'll give you 1 Honor." Even if we announced that we would annihilate cheaters/abusers, players would spam this behavior in the game. Not only that, when players legitimately get their 1 Honor they will just go back to behaving normally instead of spreading the holiday spirit.

    We want to instead encourage players to just be positive in their games. If they are consistently positive, there will always be pleasant surprises like this. You never know when the next surprise for positive players will be...
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Fishous View Post
    hahaha. So in other words, "Be positive in games. Or just give us money, that works too."
    </td></tr></table>
    Spending has nothing to do with the Santa Baron.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by RandomGuy928 View Post
    A chance? If there's any luck involved, I know I'm screwed.

    That's actually pretty depressing...
    </td></tr></table>
    It has nothing to do with luck. If players are genuinely positive and make the games they are in more positive, they will unlock the icon. However, if players 'think' they are positive but we don't agree... then they won't get the icon.

    For example, some players might think that screaming racial slurs against other players for playing poorly is 'positive constructive feedback.' We don't agree.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Black Lotus View Post
    im kind of pissed, i always try to be polite in games, thank people for ganks, buffs, help of any kind, and i always say gj to anyone who does good, never one said gg noobs, always just give the ggwp. However on my friends list the people i know who rage, yell in all caps at their team mates, and are generally toxic all have the icon. Im no saint, not even close, i have my bad days, but i believe i deserve the icon alot more than alot of the people im seeing with it. Never been banned or even a warning in the past 3 years my account has existed.
    </td></tr></table>
    You may just want to be patient, it takes a few days for the first wave of icons to go out to the most positive players of 2012.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
    You say just be positive and you will get this. But that isn't true because I have been positive all year and I didn't get it. I am dissapointed and feel whatever metrics you are using are not good.
    </td></tr></table>
    I took a quick look and you probably should just be patient. It takes a few days for the first wave of icons to go out and you probably qualify.

    I don't think genuinely positive players have to worry about not getting the icon--we were pretty generous when calculating the math behind these.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by FrozenXylaphone View Post
    Thanks, I will be patient. I will continue doing what I do. I usually only give honor out to those I think REALLY deserve it but maybe I will hand it out more frequently as many people speculate that giving it out more somehow makes you more positive in your calculations. Worth a try I guess.
    </td></tr></table>
    It's not directly tied to giving out Honor.

    It looks like we just didn't make it clear enough that icons always go out in waves. It takes days (maybe a week) for batches to roll out, especially because we are dealing with a huge load of players during the holidays.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Talamare View Post
    hah huge load

    Well my finger is crossed for getting it

    btw what does this one mean? Being one of the top participants this Snowdown
    </td></tr></table>
    There's actually multiple ways to be one of the top participants in the Snowdown.

    One way is tied to behavior, others are not.