Why is retaliation considered toxic?

• We've all seen the argument that retaliation is not ok. I don't think it makes sense and it's not realistic. There's a difference between being negative/abusive/rude and a toxic player in general and responding to someone in a manner they deserve. The latter shouldn't be considered toxic as long as the person doesn't resort to trolling or feeding.

Last game I had a duo troll harassing me and insulting me all game cause they didn't get to duo bot and have it their way. One of them admitted to "messing with cait's cs and ****ing up her lane" as she kept running into enemy zyra's plants and died 4 times right off the bat.
    The other one was just more focused on trashtalking me and nitpicking everything than playing the damn game. And on top of that all, they were both feeding.

So I exploded and retaliated. By doing that I called them both a bunch of nasty stuff which were all well deserved. I called them on their trolling and bad play. I didn't **** up anyone else's game by feeding/trolling, spamming negative **** or going "wtf this and wtf that" all game. I just gave them what they've been asking for from the start and and I think anyone with a backbone would've done the same.

Am I a toxic player? I'll leave that for you to decide.
    Would I do it again? Damn straight.
    Is it realistic to expect people to keep quiet when they're being harassed and abused all game out of the blue?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Peeledhavannas View Post
    We've all seen the argument that retaliation is not ok. I don't think it makes sense and it's not realistic. There's a difference between being negative/abusive/rude and a toxic player in general and responding to someone in a manner they deserve. The latter shouldn't be considered toxic as long as the person doesn't resort to trolling or feeding.

Last game I had a duo troll harassing me and insulting me all game cause they didn't get to duo bot and have it their way. One of them admitted to "messing with cait's cs and ****ing up her lane" as she kept running into enemy zyra's plants and died 4 times right off the bat.
    The other one was just more focused on trashtalking me and nitpicking everything than playing the damn game. And on top of that all, they were both feeding.

So I exploded and retaliated. By doing that I called them both a bunch of nasty stuff which were all well deserved. I called them on their trolling and bad play. I didn't **** up anyone else's game by feeding/trolling, spamming negative **** or going "wtf this and wtf that" all game. I just gave them what they've been asking for from the start and and I think anyone with a backbone would've done the same.

Am I a toxic player? I'll leave that for you to decide.
    Would I do it again? Damn straight.
    Is it realistic to expect people to keep quiet when they're being harassed and abused all game out of the blue?
    </td></tr></table>
    Toxic behavior is a disease that should be isolated before it infects others and destroys the fun for everyone in a match.

Taking ownership of your own actions is one of the best ways to stop this chain of infection.

The tools are there to report and ban toxic players.

Ultimately, arguing on the internet is pretty stupid anyways. I'm sure those 2 trolls are still reeling from whatever inappropriate comments you made about the lifestyles of their mothers, but I'd much rather have them removed from the game instead.