I don't mind the Riven nerfs...

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Sorry to derail the thread, but is Riven Qing while snared/stunned/rooted going to be fixed soon? </td></tr></table>
    As far as I can tell, this bug might be related to the BIC'ing thing that happens with other casters. I've tried touching up this bug several times but the cast order still goes through - I suspect it's related to the more global BIC'ing problem.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> My suspicion is that the primary reason for this was the change to her Q (Broken Wings) and how it worked. Before the changes her Q would jump to the cursor, so you could do very intricate direction changes very quickly. This was, however, considered too hard for new players so her Q was changed to *lock on* to minions and champions. I would like this changed back to the old system of follow the cursor, or even make it a toggle for new players. </td></tr></table>
    Riven has never jumped to cursor while she's been on Live. From the time of her release, her targetting system on her 'Q' has never changed *except* for the fact that it now remember your previous movement. The primary targetting paradigm was set somewhat early in her development cycle and hasn't changed since it has been on the live environment.

While I'm not sure what caused you to feel this way - The change to remember your previous movement order will cause it to become unresponsive in high latency environments but that's in contrast to the old system where your character would literally drop all actions, including attack order.
  • ...and this is coming from a long time Riven player.

Health regen doesn't matter because as Riven you are always building lifesteal (doran's, bloodthirster, etc.).

Ki Shout/Burst is a utility stun that I always max last so the scaling doesn't bother me, and most of my dmg is coming from auto-attacks.

Finally, as it is now, my ult is always up when I need it. I always build cooldown so by the time I have my ult I'm already at least at 20% cooldown reduction. My ult is still always going to be there.

All that being said, there is one issue I would like Riot to address with the nerfs.

When Riven was first released her abilities were highly responsive and flowed really nicely together. Her gameplay felt smooth and responsive. After the first and second *changes* all that went out the window and she became very clunky.

My suspicion is that the primary reason for this was the change to her Q (Broken Wings) and how it worked. Before the changes her Q would jump to the cursor, so you could do very intricate direction changes very quickly. This was, however, considered too hard for new players so her Q was changed to *lock on* to minions and champions. I would like this changed back to the old system of follow the cursor, or even make it a toggle for new players.

The reason Riven is so strong at the moment is because she is easy to pick up and play. I think she would be fine if they reverted her back to release Riven which had a higher skill cap.

Edit:

Here are the planned changes, just so everyone knows what we are talking about.

Riven
    Base Health regen per 5 seconds reduced to 4.5 from 9.5
    Blade of Exile cooldown increased to 110/80/50 seconds from 75/60/45
    Valor's shield absorb increased to 70/100/130/160/190 from 60/90/120/150/180