Dear Riot : here's the community wishes for the new year

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by CryoTyrfing View Post
    Whattya mean by costume changes, Stylus? Kinda like thse old 520 recolors but actually done better? Elaborate a bit more if you can, pitch an example if possible.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah, I guess maybe on par with those skins, but yeah, "better". Again, no idea on price point.

Simplest example in my brain, Leona, but different armor =P
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by TheMainMan View Post
    I think this kind of a thing would be great if done well. I don't know if this counts as an accurate description of what you're talking about, but Unmasked Kayle seems like it fits. It wasn't a huge change to her whole outfit but gave a nice touch that was otherwise not there.

If these were going to be lower quality, but still have a nice touch, it would be great to see the 520 price return. I know other have noticed that that price point just doesn't exist hardly at all on new skins, and with the quality going up, that's understandable. If lower tier skins would come out I would honestly expect a lower tier price point as well.

Those are some thoughts. Not sure if it's that helpful though.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, that's what's in my brain.
  • Quote:
    Different armor. Don't her two original skins already do this? Or is that what you mean? Like these skins?
    </td></tr></table>
    Pretty much, but it'd be a case-by-case thing because not all champions have such a simple solution.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by GhillieSaur View Post
    So kind of like aviator irelia?
    </td></tr></table>
    Generally, I suppose, yes.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by NotBuzzJack View Post
    Ok Parrot, make a thread for us to post our ideas for costume changes in.
    </td></tr></table>
    Why don't you? Then I can pop in and check it out!

=D
  • Quote:
    Now that I'm thinking about it some of the basic recolors are some of my favorite skins, when done well. Example, Grungy Nunu. I don't think that took much redoing as you just changed some colors (I could be wrong here), but I love that skin and want to pick it up when it goes on sale.

Some of the simple skins just "fit" a champ when done well, and that's the kind of thing that makes them worth it, even if they don't have all the bells and whistles.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah, this is what I'm talking about. It's not minimizing quality, it's about delivering quality for a theme that might not be a sweeping theme that demands significant bells and whistles as you put it. So long as people have realistic expectations of how much is changed on the skin, and is priced along those expectations, my brain thinks there's something to think about. That's why I'm interested in seeing if the community thinks there's value n such things.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ArmySquirrel View Post
    Oh! I came up with another trick. What about taking some of the original concept art for a champion and rendering it as such a costume? Sort of a 'what might have been' thing. Maybe cleaned up a bit here and there, but asks the question of what the champion would have looked like if the team had taken this direction. Something like that.

I guess one example might be taking that early concept art of Diana and rendering it a costume (maybe with her proper khopesh instead of a falchion sorta thing).

Linked for easy reference!

http://images.wikia.com/leagueoflege...na_Concept.jpg
    </td></tr></table>
    This is something that actually has come to mind. Is this something people can get on board with? We've had a lot of iteration on base characters, some of the original concept art I feel actually could be used as skins. I have concept art for Graves, lets say, that would more be like a fancy costume treatment than a whole sweeping thematic shift.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Nasdrovia499 View Post
    goddammit, the Parrot turned this into a thread about skins, haha. I recommend you follow IronStylus' posts to understand the concept, as I may have formulated it poorly. Anyways, some great suggestions, keep them coming !
    </td></tr></table>
    Ack! Sorry! I just saw it as an opportunity to get some feedback! D:
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prkl8r View Post
    I want a Leona that looks like the Solari champion in the mural in the Diana sneak peak. I was super excited for Diana, because I really expected that as a new Leona skin...needless to say, I was disappointed. A champion of the Moon for Diana that looks like that would be cool too.

Picture Referance: http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws....ana_Teaser.jpg
    </td></tr></table>
    Huh, is this really a thing people are interested in? Does this seem too plain to be a skin for her? It's fairly similar to her base crossed with the Iron Solari skin. Do you see that as a problem or does that sort of costume swap fit into what I've been describing? I'd be interested to see if anyone else expected what you expected as well.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Prkl8r View Post
    Well, I can only speak for myself, but I LOVE that armor design. Iron Solari is by far my favorite leona skin (I have them all). I love that armor it has the same feel of like...an evolved, upgraded, next tier Leona that just entered badass mode.

I love the idea of having skins for each champion that retain the basic principles of the character (color, style) but have like a next tier, champion mode feel. Another example could be like Corki but instead of his rickety plane he has a super sleek and clean flying machine, not a jet, but just a sleek flying machine. Or a Diana with a bit heavier looking armor to match the Solar skin.
    </td></tr></table>
    That's another thing that interests me, the x2 or x10 scenario for skins. Is taking a champion's base theme and bumping it up a level or two cool? Artistically, it's pretty easy to do, but I can see how players might be like.. "Uh, that's just a fancy base, I feel cheated" or "Shouldn't this just be the new base?" I'm wondering if that'd be the case.

Yes, personally I'm also cool with "upgraded" versions of champions, it's something that I'm not sure we know how to do just right whilst managing expectations.

Welp, if you do like that armor design and want to see it as a skin, make a thread/poll and see how people respond =D