[12/26/2012] Major ISP causing lag for players

• Summoners!

A major ISP and its partner companies are experiencing problems this week, and this has been causing lag and disconnects for their customers. Today has been especially spotty. We know this is creating issues for many of you all over NA, so are posting to let you know what the problem is.

The ISP is working hard to fix the problem, so here's hoping everyone will be able to play on a solid connection soon.

We'll post again once we have more news.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Iziao View Post
    What will you do about losses in Ranked because of this issue?
    I mean, not every loss for the past week could be rolled back.
    </td></tr></table>
    I would recommend not playing ranked if your ISP is having connectivity issues. Personally, my friends and I don't like risking it if we're on a wireless connection.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Pilige View Post
    Is this an issue with your connection or ours? Frankly, I only have connection issues while playing League. I can stream HD just fine, and play other games with no lag. It is only League that lags out.
    </td></tr></table>
    This is an excellent question; thank you for asking! It is an issue with the connection you are getting from your internet service providers. Because of the way the game on your computer talks to our servers, seeing disconnects on League but still being able to stream HD is typical when an ISP is having problems.

We will continue to monitor over the course of the night in case things get worse.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by DeafCatMoan View Post
    Cant you just Sprinkle some Glitterdust on our ISP's and make it all better? :[
    </td></tr></table>
    I've been trying to all day. D:
  • As always, if you're being incorrectly banned because of lag and disconnects, open a ticket with Player Support. Don't just wait those out; they can be fixed!