Personality Type and Preferred Champions (gathering the data)

• Hey guys,

My name is Daniel, and as i was casually looking through GD, i saw the thread "Personality Type and Preferred Champions", which was created by Dapeebb.
    Edit: I should put this up here so everyone know what im talking about: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=18968342.

I tried contacting him, asking if i were able to gather everyones response's using his thread, however i'm not sure if he is online/or plays anymore as the thread was made a long time ago, and i live in Australia, most likely the other side of the world.

Ill insert this here, and this'll end up quite a long thread, copy and paste a certain number to jump to that point in this thread.

Contents

1.00 Introduction
    -1.01Who am I?
    -1.02 What is this?
    -1.03Where did the idea come from?
    1.10 What is each personality type, and what does it mean?
    -1.11 ISTJ
    -1.12 ISFJ
    -1.13 INFJ
    -1.14 INTJ
    -1.15 ISTP
    -1.16 ISFP
    -1.17 INFP
    -1.18 INTP
    -1.19 ESTP
    -1.20 ESFP
    -1.21 ENFP
    -1.22 ENTP
    -1.23 ESTJ
    -1.24 ESFJ
    -1.25 ENFJ
    -1.26 ENFJ

2.00 Why am i doing this
    -2.01 Who's this nutcase?

3.00 The raw stats
    -3.01 ISTJ
    -3.02 ISFJ
    -3.03 INFJ
    -3.04 INTJ
    -3.05 ISTP
    -3.06 ISFP
    -3.07 INFP
    -3.08 INTP
    -3.09 ESTP
    -3.10 ESFP
    -3.11 ENFP
    -3.12 ENTP
    -3.13 ESTJ
    -3.14 ESFJ
    -3.15 ENFJ
    -3.16 ENFJ

4.00 The simplified stats- find out who i'd enjoy!
    -4.01 ISTJ
    -4.02 ISFJ
    -4.03 INFJ
    -4.04 INTJ
    -4.05 ISTP
    -4.06 ISFP
    -4.07 INFP
    -4.08 INTP
    -4.09 ESTP
    -4.10 ESFP
    -4.11 ENFP
    -4.12 ENTP
    -4.13 ESTJ
    -4.14 ESFJ
    -4.15 ENFJ
    -4.16 ENFJ

5.00 Conclusion
    -5.01 Thanks for reading!

1.00 Introduction
    -1.01Who am I?

Well, as i've said already, my name is Daniel. I'm a univeristy student from Australia who is a bit of a science nerd. I'm studying Chemisty, Physics and Nanotechnology, with a minor in Mathematical Modelling and Biomedical Science (double major/double minor).

I'm finished for the year, and currently have 3 months off (yay!) in which i'll be working (looking after kids), getting some more qualifications so i can work with babies as well as school age kids, and playing league.

I also volunteer at the local State Emergency Services, can speak two languages, try to learn a bit of Latin when i can (Scientifica Potentus Est (knowleadge is power)- i know i can't do it right proper latin speakers!).

Im 19 years old, and am male. I enjoy sports, hikes, one on one time with friends, and generally life.

My personality type is ENTJ- Feild Marshall, which would explain why i was College Captain, and Sports Captain for my school. I also achieved Dux. Here are some links to my personality type:
    http://www.personalitypage.com/ENTJ.html
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ENTJ

Even though im primarily a science guy, i'd like everyone to know i've taken a semesters worth of psychology units, so i know a little about things like this.

-1.02 What is this?

This is a WIP project where i am tabulating all the data that every one has given in the thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1067251
    Which i think everyone knows better as the Personality Type and Preferred Champions thread. This WILL take a while, so please bear with me. I won't be posting any champion predictions until i have between 150-200 tabulated. If anyone would like to help me with this, i'll give you full credit where due, and perhaps a $10 rp card when we're done as a thank you gift.

Current Total: 5 pages down, ~50.

This was his post, and i give him full credit for both the idea, and for the success he had in this thread.
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Dapeebb View Post
    So I've been rather curious about whether or not there is any relation between the types of champions people prefer to play and their personality types. I want to make this post so that I can gather a bit of data and see what we can come up with. Below are a couple of links to the MBTI (Meyers Briggs Personality Test) that I figured would be convenient to use for the purposes of this 'mini-study'.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/jtypes1.htm

Or if you prefer a different test or maybe just want a second opinion.....

http://similarminds.com/jung.html
    </td></tr></table>
    Or you can go to his thread if you're interested. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1067251

-1.03Where did the idea come from?

Well, actually, from the thread itself, Contrite Citizen posted wondering if someone would get the data.

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Contrite Citizen View Post
    ENFP
    Extraverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
    Strength of the preferences %
    78 25 25 56

Champs:
    Lee Sin, Kennen, and Ezreal.

I'd love for someone to be able to gather the info and make a graph or something
    </td></tr></table>
    When i get enough data points, ill set up a graph so that everyone can see. This'll be a long drawn out process, and im just hoping i'll get some support from the community.

NOTE: This has less to do with psychology and more about what you might enjoy playing through data of people with similar ideas to you.

1.10 What is each personality type, and what does it mean?

(this comes directly from http://www.myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-p...e/mbti-basics/)

-1.11 ISTJ: Quiet, serious, earn sucess by throughness and dependability. Practical, matter-of-fact, realistic, and responsible. Decide logically what should be done and work toward it steadily, reagardless of distractions. Take pleasure in making everything orderly and organised- their word, their home, their life. Value traditions and loyalty.
    -1.12 ISFJ: Quiet, friendly, responsible, and conscientious. Committed and steady in meeting their obligations. Thorough, painstaking, and accurate. Loyal, considerate, notice and remember specifics about people whoo are important to them, concerned with how others feel. Strive to create and orderly and harmonious environment at work and at home.
    -1.13 INFJ: Seek meaning and connection in ideas, relationships, and material possessions. Want to understand what motivates people and are insightful about others. Conscientious and commited to their firm values. Develop a clear vision about how best to serve the common good. Organized and decisive in implementing their vision.
    -1.14 INTJ: Have original minds and great drive for implementing their ideas and achieving their goals. Quickly see patterns in external events and develop long-range explanatory perspectives. When commited, organize a job and carry it through. Skeptical and independant, have high standards of competence and performance- for themselves and others.
    -1.15 ISTP: Tolerant and flexible, quiet observers until a problem appears, then act quickly to find workable solutions. Analyze what makes things work and readily get through large amounts of data to isolate the core of practical problems. Interested in the cause and effect, organize facts using logical principles, value efficiency.
    -1.16 ISFP: Quiet, friendly, sensitive and kind. Enjoy the present moment, what's going on around them. Like to have their own space and to work within their own time frame. Loyal and committed to their values and to people who are important to them. Dislike disagreements, and conflicts, do not force their opinions or values on others.
    -1.17 INFP: Idealistic, loyal, to their values, and to people who are important to them. Want an external life that is congruent with their values. Curious, quick to see possibilities, can be catalysts for implementing ideas. Seek to understand people and to help them fulfill their potential. Adaptable, flexible, and accepting unless a value is threatened.
    -1.18 INTP
    -1.19 ESTP
    -1.20 ESFP
    -1.21 ENFP
    -1.22 ENTP
    -1.23 ESTJ
    -1.24 ESFJ
    -1.25 ENFJ
    -1.26 ENFJ

/Edit: Will continue this at a later date. Remember this is a WIP. For now, just check out the thread or feel free to chat to me. Will have 2 placeholder comments because i'll reach the word limit most likely.

Let me know if you guys are interested in me doing this.
  • This would be pretty cool. I think the challenge you would face is that a lot of summoners intentionally play champions that are different than their personalities because it is different. Would be cool to see if perhaps introverts like to play introverted champions, or more extroverted champions in contrast.

FWIW, I am an INTJ and I prefer Ashe and Jax.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by SubzeroKelvin View Post
    Hey thanks for all the posts. Actually, I had never seen you before on the forums and so I looked you up on the red tracker. I see that you've already posted 7 times today, and only today. No posts previous to today.

Just wondering, were you hired recently and is Riot expanding their data analysis department?
    </td></tr></table>
    I was hired in October but just got my red name yesterday. Been following a lot of posts about data and analysis and have been wanting to respond :-).

We have several positions open in the data realm. We are always looking for good data people:
    http://www.riotgames.com/careers
    Look under "Big Data" and "Business Intelligence".