You win Riot. I tried to reform, but clearly all you want is to keep punishing me.

• I give up. I tried, I really did. You say the tribunal is about reform, but it clearly isn't. It's about punishing people, nothing more.

You see, I used to be pretty bad. I use to cuss people out, rage hard during games, trash talk my opponents, the list goes on. Just take a look at the first reform card I got:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribunal/en/case/5743778/

Pretty bad right? I remember that suspension as it came right before the honor initiative went live. Looking at the reform card, it's pretty plain to see that I deserved it, and it was made pretty clear to me that I needed to change. Five games to see, and I was terrible in all of them.

So guess what I did? I changed. Should be easy right? Some 99.9999% of offenders never end up back in the tribunal right? So I stopped the raging, I stopped the cussing, and I tried my best to be a good teammate. I remember racking up tons of teamwork honor game after game. I deluded myself to the point where I thought I might even be close to getting one of those elusive ribbons. Then, out of the blue, I got suspended again. This reform card? It was a little different:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../5857050/#nogo

Two games. In both games, all I did was talk back to people who trash talked me for playing poorly by telling them I would report them. Should I have done that? Probably not. But hey, I was only retaliating to people who were being toxic in the first place. Compare that to my first reform card and it's night and day. Two games, and the worst word I used was "report."

I was completely flabbergasted. I just didn't understand how I could be suspended for talking trash to trash talkers. I still don't understand that suspension. On I went though, and after a week I was back at it. Fast forward a month and today I got suspended again. This reform card? Also a little suspect:

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/tribun.../6094665/#nogo

Three games. In one of them, I asked my team to surrender in a total stompfest. That's about it. In another game I made a quip to a guy who threw a tantrum in champion select because I was a "first time Viktor." And in the third game I somewhat lost my cool against a guy who trolled me two games in a row. I truly, genuinely do not understand how this results in a suspension.

Just look at my first reform card. Look at how bad I was. I was the guy starting ****, I was making things toxic. Now my biggest crime is just responding to an already toxic environment.

You see, the tribunal just doesn't give a damn about reform. If you get banned once, you are started down a slippery slope that is near impossible to recover from. Either you physically remove your enter key from your keyboard, or you will be suspended again. Yes, I deserved my first couple of bans. I'm a changed player now though, but the tribunal doesn't care. Because I have been banned in the past, even the slightest slip-up sends me right back into the tribunal where vindictive voters fulfill their revenge fantasies by imposing upon me the face of every genuine troll they've ever played with.

Nobody cares if you've gotten better. They just care if you can be punished.
  • ThisIsMinecraft,

The short story is; you're on the right path, but you still have more to do.

The Tribunal isn't unfairly picking on you. I spent some time looking into your case, taking a holistic approach to your account, it's past tribunal history, the reports it's accrued, and even reviewed the chat logs of specific games.

You've made a lot of progress from your first Tribunal Case. You're not really overtly toxic anymore. You know the kind of person with insane rage, and foul language.

But you're extremely passive aggressive. When you want to rage you still express it, you are just more subtle about it.

This has paid off for you.

You're not getting suspended very frequently. In fact, it took over two months from your last suspension in the Tribunal to judge your case guilty again.

But eventually that passive aggressive behavior is going to catch up to you; as it did here.

In Case #6094665 what most likely did you in, was when you announced to your team that you were not going to play anymore thanks to the Kassadin player.

Giving up on a game is simply unacceptable and the Tribunal Community has a very low tolerance for someone who will complain throughout a game and then decide to stop contributing.

But don't for a second think that you were banned simply because of these three matches.

It takes a lot more than just three matches to get a tribunal case.

A lot.

In your situation you've been reported in over 70 games since your last Tribunal Case two months ago. The Tribunal merely randomly selected three matches to be displayed.

A lot of these reports are for similar reasons:

- Consistent complaining throughout the match
    - Unproductive criticism of other players in your games
    - Complaining in all Chat about specific champions being for "noobs" or "face-roll" champs to insult others. (Why is it always the Kassadins?)
    - Complaining in all Chat about specific strategies, like jungle ganks and insulting others by claiming they can't win a fair match and need to be "babysat"
    - Deciding to just give up when a match doesn't go your way. Even if your team ends up winning in the end, there is no shortage of criticism from you about other players; their strategies, or their refusal to listen to you.

If you're genuinely interested in avoiding future bans you're going to have to move on to the next step. Not just avoiding outright foul and abusive language, but ensuring that you're a player people actually want to play with. Don't be "that guy". Avoid the passive aggressive criticism, the constant complaints, and the refusal to finish matches.

If you need one particular tip it would be: just don't type anymore. Your team mates and opponents don't appreciate it, and it's getting you in trouble.

Just stick to calling MIA's, jungle timers, and good pings for map awareness to communicate with your team. That's the core kind of communication one needs to succeed in this game anyways.

Best of luck to you.
  • ThisIsMinecraft,

The short story is; you're on the right path, but you still have more to do.

The Tribunal isn't unfairly picking on you. I spent some time looking into your case, taking a holistic approach to your account, it's past tribunal history, the reports it's accrued, and even reviewed the chat logs of specific games.

You've made a lot of progress from your first Tribunal Case. You're not really overtly toxic anymore. You know the kind of person with insane rage, and foul language.

But you're extremely passive aggressive. When you want to rage you still express it, you are just more subtle about it.

This has paid off for you.

You're not getting suspended very frequently. In fact, it took over two months from your last suspension in the Tribunal to judge your case guilty again.

But eventually that passive aggressive behavior is going to catch up to you; as it did here.

In Case #6094665 what most likely did you in, was when you announced to your team that you were not going to play anymore thanks to the Kassadin player.

Giving up on a game is simply unacceptable and the Tribunal Community has a very low tolerance for someone who will complain throughout a game and then decide to stop contributing.

But don't for a second think that you were banned simply because of these three matches.

It takes a lot more than just three matches to get a tribunal case.

A lot.

In your situation you've been reported in over 70 games since your last Tribunal Case two months ago. The Tribunal merely randomly selected three matches to be displayed.

A lot of these reports are for similar reasons:

- Consistent complaining throughout the match
    - Unproductive criticism of other players in your games
    - Complaining in all Chat about specific champions being for "noobs" or "face-roll" champs to insult others. (Why is it always the Kassadins?)
    - Complaining in all Chat about specific strategies, like jungle ganks and insulting others by claiming they can't win a fair match and need to be "babysat"
    - Deciding to just give up when a match doesn't go your way. Even if your team ends up winning in the end, there is no shortage of criticism from you about other players; their strategies, or their refusal to listen to you.

If you're genuinely interested in avoiding future bans you're going to have to move on to the next step. Not just avoiding outright foul and abusive language, but ensuring that you're a player people actually want to play with. Don't be "that guy". Avoid the passive aggressive criticism, the constant complaints, and the refusal to finish matches.

If you need one particular tip it would be: just don't type anymore. Your team mates and opponents don't appreciate it, and it's getting you in trouble.

Just stick to calling MIA's, jungle timers, and good pings for map awareness to communicate with your team. That's the core kind of communication one needs to succeed in this game anyways.

Best of luck to you.