So Frustrated! Rawr!

• RiotNome...I think I have seen the light...
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Krofinn View Post
    </td></tr></table>
    Ship it.
  • Real talk everyone plays Eve now. I used to only play Eve but I'm a hipster so she's not fun anymore (sorry Statikk).

Try Fiora. No one ever bans or expects her. You can play her mid, top, or jungle (not the best way to play her, but it's a good plan C). Nothing feels as good as seeing their mid go Chain Vest first. Well, nothing feels as bad as when they get Zhonya's first either. BUT, their AD carry will forever and always be your food.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by MaiLinna View Post
    I have all her skins, and she's certainly mobile enough. I could totally try her again. I'd prefer her mid and jungle. She's easily countered top. :/ Thank you very much!
    </td></tr></table>
    Copypasta from a post I made a while back:
    Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;"> Play her mid. She excels vs most mid picks. Avoid her if they have Ryze, Cassiopeia, Morgana, Orianna, Cho'gath, or a bruiser mid.

21/2/7 (2 in regen), Armor Pen marks and quints.
    W/Q/Q/E/Q is my preferred order.

Boots > 3 Pot > Doran's Blade x2 > Berserker's Greaves > Brutalizer > Black Cleaver > Last Whisper > Tiamat > Bloodthirster.

Start Boots/3Pot, W or Q first (W if you expect autoattack harassment, Q if you have a ganking jungler who wants to gank at level 1). Play passively at level 1 (unless you expect allied gank), but when you hit level 2, start poking with W > Q > attack > Q. This 3 hit combo will take out anywhere from 25% to 30% of their health, and generally most players will fail to properly counterattack as they'll start running as soon as they realize they're being chunked. Once you've done this once or twice, you should have a very good idea of your opponent's reaction speed. If they're properly counterattacking you, chill out until you hit level 5. If they're not, continue the attack; if you're fighting a skillshot champ, a good indicator of their skill is whether they attempt to cast spells on you while you're hitting them, or they react slowly enough that they will cast the spell after you do your second Q.

Fiora is about projection of power. Once your opponent realizes that Q > E > W > attack until he starts to turn > Q takes out 50% of his health in one go, he'll start playing safe. At this point, you bust out your secret weapon: Q (to minion) > Q (to enemy) > E > W > attack. If you're level 6, this is how you get into ultimate range as well. It's also a great fakeout tool; because you have quite a bit of time between your Q, you can Q (to minion) > wait and retreat until he enters Q range > Q (to enemy). Fiora can play a lot of mind games, and they work best mid. </td></tr></table>
    If you go top, she's still pretty good against any auto-attack dependent champ. This includes Kennen, Nidalee, Gangplank, etc. Put mastery points into the damage-block skill, then get a Doran's Shield and time your W properly to avoid damage. It's pretty infuriating for them.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
    R is a movement ability too, so you can't use it if you're snared.

Funny, I only had trouble with Orianna. Ryze's snare doesn't last long enough, you can dodge Cass Qs with Q and E's MS, Cho's sort of wierd, and bruiser is your average top matchup, except in a different lane.

I did lose horribly to Xerath once because I was super derping and getting hit by every Q though.
    </td></tr></table>
    Ryze and Morgana you can both kill at level 6, but they come back very easily. Ryze can stack armor for Frozen Heart without disturbing his normal build, and Morgana can get Chain Vest for her Zhonya's while farming from afar with Tormented Soil. Generally, any champ that uses armor in his optimal build or has high health will beat Fiora. I try to gank bottom as much as possible if I'm unable to kill mid, but with champs like Morgana and Ryze, free farm will end up making them stronger than you late game.

Also yeah, I forgot to mention Xerath. Xerath counters Fiora hard because of his passive.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChaosBloodterfly View Post
    How exactly does a Morg kill a Fiora? Fiora pretty much has to be baited into a gank or a tower. And Morg usually free farms mid anyway. Fiora has a better chance of shutting down Morg than other AP mids who rely on CC and magic damage.

Ryze's early game is extremely weak though, and he can be denied early.

Armor hasn't been too much of a bother. Early armor got nerfed, and most people tend to go offense first in mid (unlike top), unless they're losing, in which case it's a moot point.

I mostly play Fiora to dominate lane, her late game is pretty awkward.

Don't think Xerath's passive has much influence in the initial stages of the game.
    If Xerath has enough AP for his passive to do much, the lane's already lost.

I'm only gold though, maybe it's different in higher leagues.
    </td></tr></table>
    Morgana doesn't need to kill Fiora to win. You can kill Morgana repeatedly, but once she gets Blue, hits 7, and gets her Chain Vest she can farm from a distance and never come within dash range. You can't win a farm battle against her because a farmed Morgana is a much bigger threat than a farmed Fiora in a teamfight. Also, most Morganas, however unskilled, will be able to Q you as soon as you hit your first dash. Because it's a 2 second immobilize, she'll be far away after.

Ryze is a bit easier to deal with early if you take the initiative and damage him early to make him use his potions. If you try to farm while he blows his mana pool on Q harassment, you'll end up losing the early advantage.

I simplified the Fiora-Xerath matchup a bit too much, yeah. Xerath's passive doesn't do anything early, but it's very easy for him to hit a E-Q combo on you. Once he hits 6, he can wombo-combo you to death while you're stunned. With Fiora, you generally should try to get to the point where once you have BT+Penetration+Tiamat, you're killing the ADC in one swoop and heavily damaging at least one other person (preferably the AP). Xerath's passive makes him strong enough that he just tanks it. It's also very difficult to fight versus a snowballed Xerath because of how short his ultimate cooldown is.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Wrajax View Post
    I don't get this. Like, at all. Xerath starts with 15 armor. Assuming you know for a fact that they are taking Fiora or something mid, you can switch your entire loadout to counter and still won't hit 50 armor.

A NLR gets Xerath all of 12 armor? How many of those do you expect Xerath to have in the laning phase? And doesn't Brutalizer cost 25% less and completely cancel out the first 75AP you get?

I love Xerath, I think he has some of the most fun personality of the mages, and has a good amount of power. His utility and mobility are terrible, his kit doesn't have a lot of synergy and hearing a red, a really smart red that's a designer no less, talk about Xerath's passive with anything but contempt makes me want to scream.
    </td></tr></table>
    Xerath's passive is pretty... meh. But it's incredible against Fiora. Probably not much else :P