All the hate on Riot.

• I scroll through these forums and what I see alot of is people being really mean about riot.
    Everything they do gets hate, if theres something wrong with a champion then they are idiots and they are useless for making too many teemo skins instead of buffing someones favourite champion or nerfing darius.

The way I see it Riot created a FREE and fun game which is extremly popular and there is no way to meet the demands of everyone. It just really annoys me how rude some people are instead of just appreciating the effort they put into the game.
    If you don't like it you shouldn't play,
    That is all
    Rant over
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Primanocte View Post
    The buck stops with Riot. All criticism, valid or not, is rightly directed to their doorstep. The fact that this game is F2P makes player feedback all the more important because keeping us happy is what is supporting their game. Riot has their own vision for where this game is going in the future, and how it should be designed, balanced and played. I doubt they'd have gotten this far and been this successful if they weren't capable of separating the valid criticism from the pointless rants and adapting that to their vision for the game. Also keep in mind, that if Riot is truly savvy, useful feedback can be gleaned from even a hate filled rage post about the latest OP champ or item.
    </td></tr></table>
    This about sums it up.

That said, it's much more useful to us when we have calm, collected discussions with you guys, as opposed to rants. And it's also really important to understand that while we do love getting feedback, sometimes the popular decision isn't actually the correct one, and we have to say, "We hear your feedback, and we appreciate the way you stated it, but this is what we're going to do anyway." These are often the hardest decisions to make because it's usually a matter of you guys not having all the information we do.

So, to reiterate, it's not about not raging because we "don't deserve it" (whether or not we do), but rather about not raging because it's the fastest way to get your opinions and views to the people that make the decisions that can assuage your concerns. It's for your benefit.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
    The steady loss of transparency is pretty tragic, and one of the main reasons I feel disconnected from Riot. The open channels and discussions are rather drier, these days. Why?
    </td></tr></table>
    Well, part of it is lessons learned. We've been bitten hard by revealing too much too early (Magma Chamber anyone?). I can guarantee you that we want to reveal all the cool things to you, but we need to be absolutely sure we're ready, or we're going to face lots of mismanaged expectations.

And part of it is that we simply didn't have a lot of information to share with you years ago. These days, we have a large focus on collecting as much data as we can in order to make more informed decisions. That is forcing us to answer new questions, like how can we share this information with all of you? How much can we share legally? In each different region?

What are the ramifications of player expectations if we share that information? Information is extremely nuanced to interpret, which is why we have guys whose entire careers and specializations are about gathering and interpreting data.

It's not an easy problem, and I certainly don't have an answer.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sporq View Post
    @WhattayaBrian

Did your forum title change? I swear it used to be longer but I can't remember exactly what it was.
    </td></tr></table>
    Nope.
    Engineer since day one.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Rauron View Post
    The steady loss of transparency is pretty tragic, and one of the main reasons I feel disconnected from Riot. The open channels and discussions are rather drier, these days. Why?
    </td></tr></table>
    Also keep in mind that our community has gotten *much* larger. It's both harder to find good threads to respond to and hard for people browsing the forum to see red threads and have productive discussions in them. Red trackers do help, but still a tough problem. I don't feel like I'm any more or less transparent than I was two years ago.