Congratulations For the People Who Designed Thresh

• He's a very different and unique champion, and im really impressed by how Riot has been releasing only champions with different mechanics and playability stuff lately, which is not very easy to do

Congratulations on another awsome champion incoming Riot
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Felaedor View Post
    Mechanically, I love his Clockwerk + Lightwell Dash feel.

Balance wise, I ****ing hate what they're doing with him. His ratios are SO incredibly bad, and the inclusion of AP in his passive is almost an insult because of it.

Riot has essentially decided that Thresh CANNOT be run as a farmed champion, and that's pretty much the exact wrong way to go conceptually. Release kits and allow the players to decide how they want to utilize them.

Everything about him is balanced around the utility of gapclose + lightwell combo being ridiculously high, so his numbers everywhere else (except the lulzy 2.0 total AD ratio and his potentially infinitely scaling passive) are horrific.
    </td></tr></table>
    I'd like to comment on this. Thresh doesn't have the best AP ratios, but if you are looking to play offensive, his damage output does scale quite nicely with Spell Penetration (Sorc/Liandry's/Abyssal is scary) and hybrid AD/AP items (which, statistically give really high stat returns). Addtionally, Lichbane opens up a lot of scaling on him, since he is already very autoattack focused.

The fact that you probably shouldn't buy a Deathcap+DFG on a durable, high CC champion that gets a ton of passive AP for free is probably a good thing.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
    In the past, champions who had high base values (Ahri, Katarina, Diana) and who could build just pen+tank got nerfed simply because a champion that can build tanky and do high damage (and in Thresh's case, high utility as well) were just overpowered. So, Thresh will either be too low damage to actually be effective with a pen+tank build, or he will get nerfed.

It would be better to anticipate what the problem is going to be and give him better ratios with lower base values (and lower utility because it is way too high) so that he can be balanced without being overpowered. Nobody wants another Janna/Soraka situation where a champion has so much utility and high base values that he has to be nerfed to trash with regard to scaling in order to be balanced.
    </td></tr></table>
    You misunderstand me: regardless of your build, you will not do as much damage on Thresh as you will on Katarina. But if you want to build damage on Thresh, Spell Pen is a more efficient means of doing so than AP. A good analog would be Sejuani.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gløry View Post
    I basically ignore Riot any time they start in with the, "if you want to deal damage on this champion whose role in the game isn't to do damage, you should build _____"

Because seriously, you can not viably build to do damage on Leona, Sejuani, Nautilus, etc etc etc. You can get away with it to some extent on Amumu, but that's another story fueled by his OP passive. In the vast majority of cases, it's just not feasible.

So don't get excited, people. You'll be building thresh in a standard tank/support way, probably with a lot of CDR. Think Leona or Blitzcrank.

You'll never be able to afford the luxury of a Liandry's. MAYBE an abyssal, though. Maybe.
    </td></tr></table>
    I generally try to be nice to other players, but you have no clue what you are talking about re: Sejuani.