Screen Flashing? 17th January 2013

• Hi as soon as the patch for the 17th of January finished i went into a game and my screen kept flashing.. i do not think its my computer that is doing it because i had a Zed and a Olaf in my team that were also complaining that their screens were flashing, does anyone know why this might be happening, its NEVER happened before its been doing it since the patch finished..
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Taboss View Post
    SOLUTION TO SCREEN TEARING/ FLICKERING OVER ALL POOR QUALITY SINCE LAST PATCH REVEALED

Go to AMD website and update driver for your video card.
    I just updated to beta driver 12.11 and it immediately fixed the problem.
    This may have been caused by riot updating graphics but as far as myself and my friends who only run AMD.

I personally found that updating to beta driver 12.11 fixed the screen tearing.

I am running Radeon HD over clocked 7850 by Saphire Dual X. Windows 7 32 bit.

Here is the link to the driver.
    http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista32.aspx

Latest Beta Driver 182 MB 12.11 Beta 12/3/2012 Download
    Description:
    Download our latest beta driver and get a preview of what we're currently working on.
    Note! This driver is provided "AS IS" and under the terms and conditions of the End User License Agreement provided therewithin.
    Please note that the Catalyst Control Center component of the AMD Catalyst 12.9 Beta requires .NET 4.0 support.

I hope this helps!

P.S Help full steps for installing new driver:

1. First download the driver.
    2. Next locate driver and select uninstall driver through computer selections
    3. Restart computer
    4. Install new driver which should be located in your download folder
    5 You will be prompted to restart, After restart enjoy playing League without tearing

Good luck!
    </td></tr></table>

I'd like to highlight this post. We're looking into the issue with the AMD 7XXX series cards. I'll do my best to update you guys and gals when I have more to share.
  • Update for you guys: This is a very high priority for us to fix. I don't have an ETA right now for when a fix will be ready.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Reubenm7 View Post
    UPDATE: I just downloaded the beta drivers and the flashing went away! Radeon 7950 win. 8
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by vHidden View Post
    Yup beta drivers fix it. http://www2.ati.com/drivers/beta/AMD....11_Beta11.exe.
    Confirmed with my test HD7750
    </td></tr></table>
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Defaced81 View Post
    i just installed beta drives and have had no problems since. Im using a Radeon HD 7750. I went to http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownloa...w_vista64.aspx clicked on the third Link downloaded the drivers in 3 min and now im Good to go. Hope this helps others.
    </td></tr></table>

Red quoting this post for visibility. Thanks for the specific info. Any more info or info from others trying the same thing would be helpful.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Turtle Rojas View Post
    The new catalyst driver from amd works and it isn't beta so it is a legit fix! No more tear.
    </td></tr></table>

If everyone could start grabbing the latest drivers from AMD I would really like to know if it solves the problem. I'm especially interested in having people who previously tried the beta drivers and they did not fix the issue.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Fairhaven View Post
    Riot probably just gave up on trying to fix it. Typical
    </td></tr></table>
    False, we're still working on the issue.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Carnagè View Post
    This post was made a week ago. Can we get an update?

I use a 7750. My drivers currently are version 13.1. I still get the flicker around 10 times a game so it is greatly reduced. Would like to see it stop all together tho without having to revert to beta driver.

Thx

Edit: A few people mentioned that 13.2 fixed the problem. I am using 13.1 and see no update for 13.2. Am I missing something or was it a typo?
    </td></tr></table>

I don't have anything concrete to share. It's not a strait forward fix in the code.

They might be referring to: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles...etaDriver.aspx
  • We are going to be testing a fix to resolve screen flickering issues. It has the potential to affect multiple aspects of the game so we're going to need to spend a decent amount of time affirming that the fix didn't incidentally break anything else.
  • Hey guys, we've been talking with AMD. We believe the 13.4 drivers for the 7XXX series cards should resolve the issue. You can find the drivers by going to this webpage and then selecting the proper video card series and operating system.

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If anyone experiences the flickering with the 13.4 drivers, please post here with dxdiags.