Lyte admits Solo Queue is extremely toxic. New League system???

• I'm sorry but

Why exactly are we going to have this new system if Lyte himself even said that Solo/Duo queue is still as toxic as it was 8-10 months ago? Isn't this just counter productive especially if this new system gives people a reason to at least try ranked and then get shoved in with the usual trolls, feeders, and afkers, leaving a horrible experience and bad taste in their mouth?

Thats really not "making your LoL experience better" now is it?

I'd love at least Veigar's or Lyte's opinion on this matter.
  • There's a lot of features built into Leagues that will help with some of the toxicity actually. For example, Yegg has mentioned that through Leagues we will be able to hand out some harsher queue dodge punishments.

---

EDIT::: Actually, I just didn't have time to clarify my initial post earlier.

Why do you think we removed the Elo Penalty originally? We understood that players were 'forcing' others to queue dodge by being toxic, and innocent players were queue dodging because they would rather sacrifice some Elo than live through 20 minutes of toxicity and still potentially lose Elo.

However, after we changed the Elo Penalty for queue dodging, queue dodging rates went through the roof. Do we still need to solve the problem of players playing 'dodge chicken' in Champion Select Lobby? Yes. Do we still need to solve the problem of toxic players intentionally trolling others to queue dodge? Yes. But, Leagues aren't the answer to that problem. Leagues just addresses some of the smaller issues of the problem for the short-term.

Don't forget, we've also been banning players that force a lot of queue dodges--we can actually detect this. We're well-aware what the actual problem is, but there's some short-term gains we can make as well in this space.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by blackraven1425 View Post
    As per the other posts here, I think you, and Yegg, are missing that queue dodging is heavily a product of being trolled, rather than of trolling itself. I've dodged plenty of queues, along with friends, when team members are clearly uncooperative or decide to pick all ADCs for the first 3 picks, and you're already levying harsher punishments against the trolled than the troll. They get to head into another queue, while we have to sit out for 30 minutes for not wanting to be in a game with these guys.

I think you guys need to approach this problem differently, and create a system that allows you to see champion select - whether that's automatic on a dodge, or via reports, or another system. This is the solution that makes the most sense to get a solid handle on who, exactly, is the real troll. A troll could dodge, or a troll could cause a dodge, but you guys cannot distinguish which is the case in the current system.

TL;DR: Punishing dodgers isn't punishing trolls, it's punishing dodgers. The groups intersect, but are not even close to equivalent.
    </td></tr></table>
    Actually, I just didn't have time to clarify my initial post.

Why do you think we removed the Elo Penalty originally? We understood that players were 'forcing' others to queue dodge by being toxic, and innocent players were queue dodging because they would rather sacrifice some Elo than live through 20 minutes of toxicity and still potentially lose Elo.

However, after we changed the Elo Penalty for queue dodging, queue dodging rates went through the roof. Do we still need to solve the problem of players playing 'dodge chicken' in Champion Select Lobby? Yes. Do we still need to solve the problem of toxic players intentionally trolling others to queue dodge? Yes. But, Leagues aren't the answer to that problem. Leagues just addresses some of the smaller issues of the problem for the short-term.

Don't forget, we've also been banning players that force a lot of queue dodges--we can actually detect this. We're well-aware what the actual problem is, but there's some short-term gains we can make as well in this space.