@Lyte PLEASE HELP regarding a PERMABAN!

• Dear Lyte,

Please could you investigate into the reasoning behind why my best friend's account has just been permanently banned?

His summoner name is:

Retsu86

It was NOT via tribunal. He's checked his email and it simply states that his account has been permanently suspended.

Now please when looking into this (and for GD people reading / replying): Ryan has never received a warning via the tribunal. He has never had a temporary ban. We genuinely do not know what the reason for the ban is.

I don't have all the info from him yet - he's on his way home now, and is going to forward the emails which he received on, so I can screenshot the information inside and attach them to this thread, but I was hoping you could please shed some light on this for us?

I don't think he uses a credit card for any transactions, so it can't be a chargeback - as he does them all through his bank's VISA Debit card (As best as I know, will verify upon his return!)

When he tries to login, it says that he is banned until 11th November, but it doesn't even stipulate a year. I know that normally with permabans, it's like 200 years in the future, right? His simply says "until 11th November."

This is seemingly out of the blue, and we're rather rattled by it. We're really praying this is just a mistake and can be rectified.

PLEASE help, we implore you!

Thanks in advance!

*EDIT*

I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING WHICH MAY BE A POSSIBLE ANSWER? HE PLAYS XERATH (A LOT) AND WE HAVE BEEN HAVING CASES WHERE HE'S PRESSED HIS W AND THE ENTIRE GAME HAS HUNG. EVERY USER HAS GOTTEN "ATTEMPTING TO RECONNECT" AND THE GAME DISAPPEARS FROM YOUR MATCH HISTORY.

IT HAS ONLY HAPPENED A HANDFUL OF TIMES BUT COULD THIS POSSIBLY BE LINKED? COULD IT APPEAR TO RIOT AS HIM USING SOME FORM OF LOLDROP PROGRAM? IF THIS IS THE CASE PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE CAN WE GET A RED REPLY BECAUSE THAT HAS HONESTLY ONLY HAPPENED WHEN HE'S PLAYED XERATH AND USED HIS W!!!! THERE IS NO ALIEN SOFTWARE THAT HE'S AWAREOF ON HIS PC!

***********UPDATE *******************

I now have the emails from Ryan, here's what they say:

Okay we have updates, there IS a year provided and it says 2286! Here's screenshots!

> Greetings XXXXXX
    >
    > Actions that have been performed on your account are in violation of the League of Legends Terms of Use. You can review these terms at http://www.leagueoflegends.com/legal/termsofuse
    >
    > Due to the severity of this violation, your League of Legends account has been banned until Thu Nov 11 16:55:13 PST 2286
    >
    > If you have any questions, contact our Player Support team at https://support.leagueoflegends.com/home
    >
    > Riot Games Player Support

Dear Summoner,

Internal audits by staff members of Riot have discovered that you consistently engage in behaviors that create negative experiences for your fellow players. Due to this toxic behavior, your account has been permanently closed. Before joining the League of Legends community, you agreed to comply with our Terms of Use (and Summoner’s Code) which were established to help keep the environment of League of Legends a fun and sportsmanlike atmosphere for everyone. We do understand that we offer a free-to-play online game; however, we reserve the right to remove toxic players that create a negative experience for the community as a whole.

For these reasons, we will not lift the ban on your account and consider this matter closed. We wish you luck in your future gaming endeavors outside League of Legends.

banned 'till the year 2286, never had a tribunal warning or anything. Please help?

Ryan has since admitted he called somebody a "jew" - spurr of the moment thing, he's never been in tribunal to our knowledge. He's never been warned, temp banned, or anything. I'll let GD judge.

WE HAVE A RED REPLY, FROM LYTE

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    I'll take a look at this case later today; however, I won't be able to post too many details here unless the original owner of the account consents to it or requests it.
    </td></tr></table>

Good guy Lyte, stays true to his word and checked into this personally:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    I've lifted the ban from this player for now.

The number of games this player was crashing put up a big red flag and we had to ban the account to investigate why these disruptions of service were happening. We'll be diving further into the Xerath bug to determine if this was the source of crashing, but I've lifted the ban for now because it doesn't seem like intentions were malicious here.

I'll be sending a personal e-mail to the player sometime tomorrow.
    </td></tr></table>

All I can say is, you're our new personal hero. Thanks so much for your help.
  • I'll take a look at this case later today; however, I won't be able to post too many details here unless the original owner of the account consents to it or requests it.
  • I've lifted the ban from this player for now.

The number of games this player was crashing put up a big red flag and we had to ban the account to investigate why these disruptions of service were happening. We'll be diving further into the Xerath bug to determine if this was the source of crashing, but I've lifted the ban for now because it doesn't seem like intentions were malicious here.

I'll be sending a personal e-mail to the player sometime tomorrow.