Shyvana's Ultimate + Fury resource

• This is something that has bothered me for a while. She's one of the few champions that uses no resources for any of her abilities, and her ult is strictly cooldown based. (i don't mind that she doesnt use resources, I mind that they stuck 'fury' into the mix when it really isn't applicable)

Yes, you generate fury while in dragon form w/ auto attacks, but aside from that: the only point of showing your fury bar is to tell opponents you have/dont have your ult. Which also seems like a weird advantage to give opponents.

And since you cannot generate fury aside from that, why isn't the ultimate simply set to a cooldown meter along with everything else? You could pretty much remove "fury" from her entirely and just say "ultimate lasts 1.25 second longer based on every auto attack"
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Ziasaur View Post
    This is something that has bothered me for a while. She's one of the few champions that uses no resources for any of her abilities, and her ult is strictly cooldown based. (i don't mind that she doesnt use resources, I mind that they stuck 'fury' into the mix when it really isn't applicable)

Yes, you generate fury while in dragon form w/ auto attacks, but aside from that: the only point of showing your fury bar is to tell opponents you have/dont have your ult. Which also seems like a weird advantage to give opponents.

And since you cannot generate fury aside from that, why isn't the ultimate simply set to a cooldown meter along with everything else? You could pretty much remove "fury" from her entirely and just say "ultimate lasts 1.25 second longer based on every auto attack"
    </td></tr></table>
    Except you do gain Fury manually by attacking things in human form.

As far as it being visible, it makes sense when you think about it: Normally, you're able to say, "Okay Karthus used Requiem; 200 second cooldown" and you can time the CD. Shyvana doesn't have that: You can't predict the cooldown. You have to see her periodically to inform whether or not it's up.

So to me, it's balanced around the fact that, while you can tell it's up, she can also RAWRDRAGON from fog of war when you wouldn't have any idea whether or not it's up.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Super Explosion View Post
    Speaking of which:

We need more new champions like Fiddlesticks! Go gettem Phreak!

The lost art of Fiddling must be revived.
    </td></tr></table>
    1500 range Jarvan Flash -> E-Q -> Ult!

Edit: More like 2500 :P