Any fans of THEY MIGHT BE GIANTS out there?

• Leagues and Tiers was your ELO
    Now it's Leagues n' Tiers, not your ELO
    Been a long time coming, my ELO
    Lulu's cupcake delight, with a Crescent Strike.

Leagues and Tiers was your ELO
    Now it's Leagues n' Tiers, not your ELO
    Cait's Rs a fright, block line of sight.

Every troll in your ELO
    Gets a League n' Tier, no more ELO
    So if you've been boosting your ELO
    We'll be waiting in your League n' Tiers.

Even old Xin Zhao, completely broke the game
    Why they changed it, I can't say
    Summoners liked it better that way

So take me back to my ELO
    No, you can't go back to your ELO
    Confused how pick vs. call order works?
    Riot rule-of-thumb is "Don't be jerks."

Leagues (Tiers)
    Leagues (Tiers)

Even Black Cleaver, completely broke the game
    Why they changed it, I can't say
    Summoners liked it better that way

Think Riot is a awesome place to work?
    Just ask a Red about the perks.

Worried a jungle Fiddle nearby lurks?
    That's no-bodies-busine-CAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAWCAW

LEAGUES N' TIERS

(I'm really excited for the changes....)

BAM! Red Response:

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by RiotSchmick View Post
    A+ for effort.

Avid TMBG fan. Saw them with JoCo in SF last year. That was an amazing show.
    </td></tr></table>
    TY RiotSchmick!

Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Icosahedron View Post
    The Else is SOOOOO good. TMBG albums grabbed me immediately in high school, but starting with Mink Car I've had to warm up to them. Once I warmed to The Else, I find myself playing it more often than Lincoln and Factory Showroom.

I lovelovelovelove the band, seen them 14 times (though never in a record store, and I'm jealous) and bought my tickets to a show in Anaheim just this afternoon! (I'm bringing RiotFpMcGee, too!)
    </td></tr></table>
    TY Icosahedron!
  • A+ for effort.

Avid TMBG fan. Saw them with JoCo in SF last year. That was an amazing show.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
    Yay! This made a little birdhouse in my soul!

I've yet to see them live.
    </td></tr></table>
    I've seen them live 4 or 5 times. The best show was inside a record store the day before an evening show, which I also went to. They played Minimum Wage and had a real whip they were cracking. We were all crammed in the aisles in the back of the store watching them play in a corner, but it was very up close and personal. Cool stuff.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Bl3u View Post
    Favorite band! Seen them twice so far, but they rarely come down to Texas :/
    </td></tr></table>
    I saw them at least twice in Texas, in Houston and Austin, before I moved to California. It may have been more times, can't quite remember. Maybe they don't come down that way anymore, though. That was a long time ago.
  • The Else is SOOOOO good. TMBG albums grabbed me immediately in high school, but starting with Mink Car I've had to warm up to them. Once I warmed to The Else, I find myself playing it more often than Lincoln and Factory Showroom.

I lovelovelovelove the band, seen them 14 times (though never in a record store, and I'm jealous) and bought my tickets to a show in Anaheim just this afternoon! (I'm bringing RiotFpMcGee, too!)
  • You mean NO!, their children's album?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mr Bl3u View Post
    Haha same places I saw them at. The Meridian in Houston and at Stubbs in Austin
    </td></tr></table>
    I don't remember all the places I saw them. I know once was what used to be called the Vatican in Houston, or maybe it was the Abyss at the time. Pretty sure I saw them at Emo's in Austin.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by CJTHeroofTime View Post
    "The Cap'm" is my jam!! Out of curiosity, are you including all of Cast Your Pod to the Wind when you talk about The Else? Some of my favorite TMBG songs are on CYPttW. But I also love a lot of John Henry, The Spine, and, well, I love a lot of their stuff haha. I've only seen them twice, once with Jo Co and the other, some old racist guy and his (grand?)daughter opened for them(it was weird). Both were incredible.
    </td></tr></table>
    I love Cast Your Pod. Their B-Side collections usually have great experimentation, but I think most of CYPttW is still experimental, but not out and out bizarre like some stuff on Miscellaneous T or Long Tall Weekend. I love "We Live In A Dump" and "Your Boyfriend Now"

The old racist guy you mentioned... did he go by the name Brian Dewan?
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gewcebawcks View Post
    I feel like the haters in this thread are like the old ladies on that secret track. You know, that one track......

Who is this There May Be Giants. What do they do?

HOW DO THEY MAKE ANY MONEY?!
    </td></tr></table>
    "They got the craziest things in that paper. This one here, There Must Be Giants, it's called. But what kind of money does it make? It don't make any sense? Then he's a nut right?"