@RIOT - A glimpse of your typical 2k game...

• Didn't the team that built more warmogses lose?
  • Welcome to the League of Warmogs!

*******http://i.imgur.com/8ct62sm.png********

This game featured a total of 7 Warmogs (I was working towards one myself but the game finally ended) bought on just about every single champion including supports.

Most of you were around back when Heart of Gold was in the game. Some of you may not know, however, that in addition to gold generation it also came with a passive that stacked while also giving armor. At one point in time, it was not uncommon to see mid lane AP champions take two of this item. After all, the stats it offered were so desirable that it transcended roles.

Warmogs is currently as problematic as the old Heart of Gold. As an AD main, I have found it increasingly difficult to carry games as they flesh out due to how little damage I deal if I'm not playing Vayne or Kog'Maw. Health and regeneration are just too strong right now, especially with the removal of green elixir if your kit doesn't boast some kind of percent based damage.

Please tell me something is going to be done about Warmogs. Ranged ADs feel very weak right now, but I can't tell if it's because of how strong health and regeneration is or how hard it is to itemize attack speed.

Edit:

106 giants belt bought @ IEM Katowice. Just something to consider.

http://www.esfiworld.com/iem-katowic...s-infographic/

2nd edit:

EG stacking Warmogs even after Riot increased the recipe cost for EU LCS

*cough*
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Original Duck View Post
    On the MR side, the MR options that aren't Bulwark suck. Spirit Visage is Niche, Athene's is Niche, Mikael's is niche, Malmortius is niche, BV is niche, it's all way too niche for any tank to build over raw health to deal with AP burst.
    </td></tr></table>
    If you listed 5 niche items, doesn't that mean there's one for every situation? It at least means there is a good MR item for 5 niche situations. If we have a niche item for all cases, then it doesn't matter that each one is niche right?
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Phourc View Post
    But is the niche for any of those besides bulwark 'tank'?

Visage arguably *should* be the tank item but it only works on those with high amounts of self-sustain.

Athene's and MoM have enough AP/AD that they should probably only be built on bruisers or carries.

Mikael's is more 'support' than tank.

BV is an 'extra life' for those who expect to get nuked down in short order, again, not really as much for tanks as a defensive item for squishier characters.
    </td></tr></table>
    I don't know. I'm not the one that said they were niche items. I like MR when there is an AP enemy who is really strong. Then I try to figure out which MR item I want, and there is usually good choices.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Noblepeasant View Post
    @Griftrix - please consider this. Warmogs itself isn't broken. But it is WAY too inexpensive right now... because of its cost relative to other defensive items, there is no reason to purchase any other defensive item first.
    </td></tr></table>
    You should also consider it's value relative to other defense items. The current price of certain offense items could cause the value of health to be higher. One change could be to change the cost of those instead of the cost of warmog's.

I'm just trying to suggest more options, but the overall result is the same goal. That is, correctly priced value on offense and defense items.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by RamboJeezus View Post
    Thats literally what I just said in the post above yours...
    </td></tr></table>
    Sorry for not quoting you as well. I sometimes type slow and people post while I'm still writing.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by octavian1127 View Post
    I don't think the main issue is with warmogs itself, but relative costs of armor vs hp i relation to ArPen stacking.
    </td></tr></table>
    I totally agree with the part about RELATIVE costs. No item by itself is strong or weak. The other items and their costs contribute to the power of that item. It's opportunity cost (what else would you use that slot and gold for) and items built in response to other champions/items.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by IRyzeForNidalee View Post

There was a stigma around building health because people thought it was noobish. Real pros counterbuilt against their enemy team's damage! Then everybody realized resistances are practically worthless now and the only reason to buy defensive items is for health, passives, or auras.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yeah. There are certain events that propagate strategies faster. It would be neat to know something like team in high profile tournament is 4.3x more influential than _____ streamer.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Windkin View Post
    Ok, im sorry Griftrix but i really can't see how you can just go hur dur their team lost end of discussion. The fact that its a 2k elo match and almost every one built that item means its a problem. At the very least it is outshining other defensive items to the point where no one itemizes for them. I agree with the OP's analysis, part of the problem is that the item is so strong, another problem is the lack of strong attack-speed itemization, and if i may another potential issue is the dominance of black cleaver that makes itemizing for armor less appealing and forcing players to go to other less mitigatable sources of defense.
    </td></tr></table>
    Please read the other 20 some pages of this thread. I did not say end of discussion, but have been trying to help the discussion with a balanced view. Most of the people in here have posted well thought out information that is helpful in a talk about balance of an item in the game. What I pointed out in my original post deserved mention as 1 screenshot of items built in a game does not tell very much at all.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Xhaiken View Post
    This is something I noticed immediately, and is something to be taken note of. I think the old Warmogs was actually a tiny bit better than the new one, but I rarely saw it. People prioritized armor and MR over all else, probably because Armor Pen wasn't as big of a concern, but nevertheless it wasn't a common item. Now, I see Warmogs being built around every corner Interesting to say the least. Makes me hopeful for all the items that people say are terrible now, but a secretly amazing.
    </td></tr></table>
    Warmog's is arguably weaker now than it was at S3 preseason launch (black cleaver is weaker, making armor pen weaker, and stacking HP less important according to arguments in this thread), but the popularity has skyrocketed recently. I wish someone would post some focused information about popularity and perceptions and how they are changed in the LoL community. It's a super interesting topic to me how a champion can go from UP to OP with 0 changes because of a skilled streamer with a new build path and play strategy, or a tournament.