Who cares about Thresh

• Where's my Lu Bu Jarven Skin? :\
  • I care about Thresh

I have cared closely for Thresh for weeks. I've nurtured him and swaddled him with the designers and artists, and soon(tm) he will be ready to leave the nest and harvest souls.
  • I don't know when he is coming out, but I can assure you I have personally (but not by myself) been fixing bugs so that he can be released. Really important ones that would ruin the game for everyone if they weren't fixed. I encourage you to practice with Nautilus, Amumu, and Blitzcrank in the meantime to make sure you have your positioning and hooking at highest skill possible.

I know that it's disappointing that I can't give you a day/time, and I am very sorry about that. I hope you can take some comfort in my assurance that us keeping him in the box is for important fixes.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Hayabashi View Post
    Griftrix. I am sorry my pro Jarven thread has become and anti Griftrix thread.

I love you?
    </td></tr></table>
    It's not actually anti Griftrix (I have seen those threads). No worries man. I want to play Thresh live as well. He literally uses almost all the code I've written. He's a very complicated character as far as animations go, and new tech needed to be created to make him even possible. We had weeks of discussions about how we were going to put him together, where the focus point was "what would be the highest quality for the player", and we built to that. He is my personal most anticipated champion to date.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Oslion View Post
    The part that dissapoints me is the trend of increasingly delaying champs. What made Riot great was delivery of thier word. Now, its is increasingly common for "Soon(tm) > announcement > oops wait longer while we fix stuff"

Keep producing the solid champs and gameplay improvements, but please for the love of the gaming gods, get back to the old Riot.
    </td></tr></table>
    I again apologize for him not being released yet. The bugs I'm talking about are not minor visual things, they are game ending bugs. Once again, I am sorry we didn't catch/fix them earlier.
  • Quote:
    I know we all found some on the PBE and I'm always happy they are getting fixed. Just sucks it seems like it's like this with all of the latest champs. You all still do good work, just kick your marketing and scheduling teams in the ass to set em straight.
    </td></tr></table>
    The PBE bugs were VERY helpful. I thank all of you that contributed.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Celestya View Post
    I think the only reason a majority of us are pretty upset at this point is the release of the spotlight, and then yet ANOTHER massive delay (normally a champion would be available by now after spotlight release). Though despite that, if it's bug fixes that are important, it's better fixed than released disruptively then disabled and having to wait anyway. That'd probably be worse actually.

Hopefully you guys manage to fix these issues with Thresh sooner rather than later. It's been ages since he was available on the PBE and I've been anxiously awaiting, as I'm sure many other have as well.
    </td></tr></table>
    I can guarantee that without the bug fixes he would have been disabled, which would have been even more upsetting.
  • Quote:
    By the way Griftrix, please don't take my dissapointment as an insult. I couldn't be dissapointed if I didn't love you guys at Riot so much. Excitement gets the best of us sometimes!
    </td></tr></table>
    No worries at all. I totally understand what you are feeling, cause I'm feeling it too. I also have a mix of relief that we found the bugs we found, and that makes me happy.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Teracide View Post
    My only concern, is that the release will be delayed so long that my interest-level for Thresh decreases. Right now, I'm so stoked for Thresh I could explode, but if the wait exceeds my patience, his release won't be nearly as exciting.
    </td></tr></table>
    That has happened for me for video games before. I would get exhausted of being excited, and then just move on. I hope that doesn't happen!!! ^_^
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by LustLV View Post
    My question would be didnt you guys see the bug before releasing the spotlight. I can understand that you all want to give the community the best quality champion but why release a spotlight if the champion was not ready to be released. Revealing him builds up enough anticipation, to some points where people literary check for his release over and over during the day. But then adding the spotlight is just adding more fuel. The end result will not always be people over excited but they will start to get annoyed by the "teasing" in their eyes. Or will change be sick of hearing about the champion and not want to even try him because its already burnt.
    </td></tr></table>
    Even when we knew exactly what was happening with the bug, we couldn't get an internal reproduction of it. We have a high confidence it was fixed based on PBE data, but because of the rarity (which would have hit hundreds of thousands of people as soon as it was live due to the scale of volume) we unfortunately did not catch it earlier. Do not worry though, when we find bugs, we also try to figure out how we can implement things to make it impossible to accidentally create that type of bug again.

I would like to again apologize, and also highlight that he does several things that no champion has ever done before, or could do before.