OH MEH GERD RIOT!! ANUTHER MILITARY XlN SKIN???

• When will Riot listen???

The only two types of skins Xin Zhao has right now are Chinese or military themed. Hell, sometimes BOTH AT ONCE!!

Is SUPERRR unfair. Why wont they listen and make the sparkle princess perfect Xin Zhao skin that I concocted? No one wants a Romance of the Three Kingdoms skin! That's just ANUTHERR Chinese skin. It's even a MILITARY skin!

Riot should just cancel it and damn anyone that MIGHT have been looking forward to it (there probably aren't any. But even if there were... screw 'em).

Edit: Holy hell 90+ downvotes! Niiiice~
  • Do you think might be saying "what people are looking forward to" when you mean what "you" were looking forward to personally? What factors are you thinking about that makes you feel that Xin players were looking for a different theme?

In the case of Lux, this is valid because Lux players want something better aligned to her character, but in Xin's case, this does fit.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by MostlySilent View Post
    Pretty sure he doesn't have an issue with Xin, but I could be wrong.

However.

I do have an important question. Lux's lore, at least to me, seems to read that she's this prodigy bubbly person who was more or less shoved into the role of soldier (And probably not happy about it)

What that doesn't say to me is that she's a "magical girl" archetype or super silly, rather she's more a symbol of crushed dreams (and a soldier)

Her thematics say silly girl, her lore says soldier. There's a divide there and I'm more inclined to go with the lore that was provided with the character rather than her in-game thematics and voice-lines, but which do you choose? I think this has been the source of issues over Lux and her theme.
    </td></tr></table>
    I think I tend to prefer the in-game things, as that's the part everyone understands. Since League is a game, I think things in-game take precedence when there's a disconnect. Of course, this disconnect occuring in the first place is an issue.

To me, I think the player expectation of Lux is lighthearted and a "breath of fresh air" that contrasts a much more grim set of circumstances that tend to surround her. It also is the part of Lux that stands out the most and makes her not like other champions.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by PodunkTheMighty View Post
    Uh... you know this is a troll thread, right? I think the only purpose here is to sarcastically complain about Lux complainers.
    </td></tr></table>
    I fail.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by VexTheHex View Post
    So, Garen/Xin/Jarvan/Darius/Etc. fans needs to whine and cry on the boards to the Lux fanbase's level to hope to get a not serious skin for the military guys? I mean while Lux has 3 military skins out of her 5, all of Garen's are military and serious. Unprepared Garen or Beach/Pool Hunk Garen where?

Or are you saying the male champions are too flat in story and personality to have anything besides armor changes for skins? If so, maybe they need to giggle like school girls and spout memes and anime/game refrences every few steps to get on Lux's level.

Edit/Note- I do love the Warring Kingdom skins, just a little bothered by your comment about someone not having a basis to complain about Xin only having serious military skins. I mean did Battle Bunny Riven or Headmistress Fiora really fit those characters? Really?
    </td></tr></table>
    I hear what you're saying, though these are different arguments. I've actually been railing on "release things in a smart order" for skins.

Let's look at Ezreal. In my mind, Pulsefire is "the" skin for Ezreal - it really enhances most of the cool things about Ezreal (including anime-inspired tech) and meets a lot of Ezreal player's expectations creatively - not just in quality. With that now out of the way, we have more room to make a fun or goofy skin for him. The Lux argument, I think, it really associated to "all these skins are counter to the reasons we like Lux, and none of them support the fantasy." Not all skins do, but at least one skin needs to just nail it and fulfill that primary need. Lux is the focus of this argument because I think it's the clearest example. Why doesn't Garen have a real Judgment (ala something more akin to T1 WoW Pally armor) or archangel? Why doesn't Zyra have a Void Queen skin? Things like that should be answered with "oh, let's go make that next, then add some goofier stuff as we think of it."

I think the thing with Xin IS that Zhao-yun inspired/Dynasty Warriors skin is the ultimate Xin fantasy. Now, with that out of the way, and a bevy of serious skins, he'd have the room for a fun one.

Holiday and community skins don't apply to this - those are opportunistic and we take them as appropriate.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sageoffire View Post
    I would actually argue that you have already hit THE skin for Lux in Spellthief.

it gives that feeling of being a covert-ops/intel, which actually was what Lux did in the military. It looks like a mage, which she is. And it is a playful enough skin that her bubbly personality fits, but visually it is actually quite serious (the NA art, NOT the Chinese art)

It desperately needs an update, as does sorceress ... PLEASE have someone fix that skin , but it really does fits what Lux is

If someone got on top of updating those 2 skins, i would be less infuriated about all these new artistically superior ones that i dont feel fit Lux in any way, shape or form.
    </td></tr></table>
    I think ti captures the lore aspect accurately, but I would argue that it does not capture the thematic or distinct personality traits of Lux, except in a very subtle way - something that's hard to deliver in our gameplay.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Knock X3 Penny View Post
    Morello,

What about champions that have literally no skins that fit them (including their main skin)? Trundle comes to mind with this one. His original skin appeals to very very few because most people think it's gross. His other two skins have him either participating in an increasingly less popular sport OR utilizing stuff in the trash. That's just one example, I'm at work so I can't remember the others atm.

I guess, why a neglect for certain champions completely?
    </td></tr></table>
    Various reasons, but we will be fixing all these - such as we did with Battlecast Urgot (which was "needed cool skin") and Soraka (who needed a model rework). Trundle is on both those lists
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
    Judgment was Tier 2, Morello. Tier 1 was the Banannadin armor. But I would break the bank if you did a set of Judgement armor for him, I had a set of that on my paladin in WoW.
    </td></tr></table>
    My mistake!

But yeah - that armor is just cool and maximizes a fantasy Garen brings.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Captain Halc View Post
    So wait...despite what all her fans are saying...you honestly think this "the skin" for lux...? As much as i think you are ignoring her fan base here im gonna get to my real question. Are there any plans at all currently to give Lux fans what they want? Or are all these complaint falling on deaf ears? Don't get me wrong i really appreciate a red finally talking to us about this, but i feel like all ive heard is..."we are gonna ignore the fans, make this skin cause we think its the best lux skin, and someday we might get around to making the skin you fans want". Please tell me Im wrong.
    </td></tr></table>
    What's "the skin"? I didn't mention any Lux skin in here. I'm saying she needs a skin that is "the skin", and that's the primary cause of concern for Steel Legion. I don't think that exists for her yet.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by headhunter228 View Post
    Lux has two military-themed skins. Why not release a skin emphasizing her role in the military as an infiltrator? It would fit better than Steel Legion, in my opinion. Spellthief doesn't quite get the "secret agent/special forces operatior" feel across.
    </td></tr></table>
    Because I think any form of military doesn't match "the skin," unless you really read lore. I want skins to be more representative of the personality instead of the story (or both, when they both align).

Steel Legion is a cool skin, but suffers from lack of more "Lux" skin choices.