Morello (or any red from balance team), maybe it's time to talk about Tryndamere?

• It's been almost a year since he's been hit with the nerf bat, on January 17, 2012 to be precise..

V1.0.0.132:
    - Base attack damage lowered to 56 from 59.2.
    - Base health regen per 5 seconds reduced to 7.9 from 10.9.
    - Mocking Shout attack damage reduction lowered to 20/35/50/65/80 from 20/40/60/80/100.
    - Fury decay now begins after 5 seconds from after 8.

Patch prior to that:

V1.0.0.131:
    - Bloodlust heal per 1 fury reduced to 0.5/0.95/1.4/1.85/2.3 from 0.65/1.15/1.65/2.15/2.65

Usually when someone tries to pick Trynd it's always followed by this:
    "No Trynd please"
    "Stop trolling man"
    "Trynd is not viable"
    "Don't troll, pick something else"
    etc.

I saw Trynd maybe 3 times in the game after those nerfs, and I remember those games by Trynd being the feeder in each game.

Sometimes you just go over the line with nerfs, but for newer champions you'll sometimes fix it in reasonable time (announced fix for Diana and Rengar), while the old champions can go to the trash bin. Like I said, it's been almost a year for Trynd with no fix, or any kind of attempt to make him viable or balanced. I think that even Eve was in troll pick phase less than that.

You wanted to see if season 3 changes will have any influence on him, well did they? If you can't find a way to balance melee carries than please rework their kits into bruisers, but don't wait for 2014 for that. Unless you plan to mass refund champion and skins I think it would be responsible thing to do some balancing here.

He's not the only 1 that received that kind of treatment. While in a bit better shape, but still bad pick is Gangplank. February 14, 2012, 10 months.

V1.0.0.134:
    - Parrrley mana cost increased to 50/55/60/65/70 from 40/45/50/55/60.
    - Raise Morale range reduced to 1200 from 1500.

V1.0.0.127:
    - Raise Morale
    Active movement speed reduced to 8/11/14/17/20% from 10/14/18/22/26%.
    Active attack damage reduced to 12/19/26/33/40 from 14/22/30/38/46.

V1.0.0.123:
    - Grog Soaked Blade: maximum number of stacks has been reduced to 3 from 4.

V1.0.0.122:
    - Parrrley: gold bonus reduced to 4/5/6/7/8 from 4/6/8/10/12.
    - Raise Morale:
    Active attack damage bonus reduced to 14/22/30/38/46 from 20/28/36/44/52.
    Active movement speed bonus reduced to 10/14/18/22/26% from 14/18/22/26/30%.

V1.0.0.121:
    - Grog Soaked Blade: max stacks reduced to 4 from 5.

After those first 3 nerfs in a row everyone stopped complaining about him (around that time 4% crit mastery was removed), he stopped being insta pick/ban and he was being picked in a lot less games, like majority of the champions. But even after that, for no apparent reason you nerfed him 2 times more.

Biggest thing that made him strong was exactly that 4% crit mastery, he was able to get crit on you at level 1 from the range. He was 1 of the most annoying champions to lane against. But with removal of the crit mastery his entire kit was just mediocre. Parley is his only damaging ability, and without crit it doesn't do that much damage. Don't take this wrong and think that I'm asking for parley buff, I think it's fine.

Problem is the rest of his kit. His E is not worth leveling past level 1 untill you level all other abilities. His ult is global slow, you have higher chance of being hit with meteorite irl than being hit by cannons from GP's ult if you sit in it. Make it more consistent but reduce the damage maybe?

To conclude, melee carry is really a fun concept, and as some champions made as melee carry are viable in 1 form or another (Fiora, Yi), there are some that are considered as troll pick - Trynd. I don't think he needs a lot of buffs, if you drop champion from being considered as OP to being useless, try something in between, you could do small buffs/nerfs every patch in a row untill you balance a champion. But yeah, I know, dumping them into trash bin is easier than actually working on them.

TLDR for people that have hard time reading more then 1 line of text without fainting: Make melee carries viable, or rework thems into bruisers.
  • We do have something in the next patch, we agree we went too far with Tryndamere. Though, melee carries overall have problems, we can do somethings on the specific characters.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Alyran View Post
    That's great. Love Tryndamere.

But can we please get something to actually specifically try to fix melee carries before the season starts and we get locked out for another year? You did a really good job with AD casters (perhaps even overdoing it a bit at first), but melee carries still need something to make them remotely viable.
    </td></tr></table>
    I'd like to, but honestly it depends on competing priorities. It'd also let me make more of them, which would be nice.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Skippy917 View Post
    Bump for morello, you say they get changes next patch, wich is curently on PBE, ii see nothing regarding GP tryn yi or fiora, whats the deal
    </td></tr></table>
    Nothing big, but we did revert the rage decay nerf for Trynd. It's small, but easy and helpful for jungle.