[Discussion] Why is PBE not better regulated?

• Attachment 600599
    People who can't even form proper sentences in English (and are giant trolls to boot) are rampant on PBE, there is no way they can even attempt to be useful members of the community.
    They can't submit any bug reports.
    They wouldn't even if they could because they only use PBE as a way to get free stuff.
    Do we really need to have such toxic people allowed to be here?

Why not have PBE accounts linked to your main accounts, and have a requirement where only level 30 players can make a PBE account, as new players wouldn't know what to look for anyways. As this would also make reporting toxic people on PBE mean something.

PBE would be more useful if it was far less toxic.
    More people might want to spend time here testing things if it wasn't such a giant pain in the ass to play one game here without the 95% of having a game being waste of time.
  • I just posted this elsewhere, but felt there was value re-posting in this thread:

The player behavior team is going to be taking a look at PBE and revamping the player behavior policies there--our goal is to make the PBE a premium server where we have higher standards than standard servers. For now, I'd continue to report toxic players on PBE so we can utilize the data retroactively.

We'll be posting more in the PBE forums about this initiative in the near future.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Just me Soraka View Post
    Seriously?

Awesome thanks dude, make a sticky of that you're working to try and improve player behavior on the PBE then.
    </td></tr></table>
    We'll be making stickies that inform the PBE community of our updates in the near future. I just wanted to get a head start and let the PBE community know that they should continue to report toxic players which will let some of our features work retroactively.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by ongelvin View Post
    Now that PBE has been around a while, how about making future PBE sign-ups available only when logged in to a standard account with a clean record?
    </td></tr></table>
    We've been mapping out our plan for player behavior on PBE, and suggestions like this have definitely come up and are on the table.