Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

• I'm not saying that it's unwelcome; I'm really liking her new look and Tibbers looks pretty awesome. But it had never occurred to me that she needed it. Yi, Sivir, and Sion are the ones that seem to get the most requests. Did I miss something? Did Riot say that they were going to remake Annie beforehand, or did it surprise you?

Also, in that same vein, who do you think needs a visual rework, but perhaps isn't getting that much attention? New skins notwithstanding, I think that Garen's classic model could use some tweaking. He just seems kind of... comical as is. His armor's so top-heavy that he sways back and forth as he walks.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Anidan View Post
    It's a surprise for me, and i would have preferred that Sivir, Yi or Sion got a visual rework first.. But, in my opinion, Garen is supposed to be comical looking. It's like a silly parody of the grandeur of powerful knights' "look how huge and tough this armor is!" type of deal, by making that grand armor look silly.
    </td></tr></table>
    Yi and Sion are definitely on the list (in my mind, Sion is the WORST offender). In this case, how we prioritize has a lot of complexities - specifically for Sion, we also want to fix his gameplay, but we're not doing Sion before we get through Karma, and hopefully Heimer.

So we chose a rework that was art-only. Sivir was a runner-up, but the art team wanted to get Annie done first as it also shows a definition for non-standard age characters in our updated art style - specifically, Annie shows what children look like in League.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
    No, what surprised me was that she got a new skin when there has been a lot of outcry against it and for skins for otherwise skinless champs.
    </td></tr></table>
    Typically, reworks are accompanied by a new skin (and if not right away, shortly after). Many of the champions that need skins badly are getting visual reworks also, preventing us from making the new skin until that's completed.

Nidalee and Soraka are getting new skins in the immediate future, they were just delayed to improve them a bit.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by dogbiter View Post
    her head is bigger than that of most champions in the game
    </td></tr></table>
    Yep!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by questir View Post
    Morello is Warwick on the rework list? He really need it
    </td></tr></table>
    I believe so, but not before a lot of the others mentioned. He's older and needs art love, but it's not elephant-feet bad.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stylvan View Post
    Do you think you guys would give him an updated splash art, or wait until you guys give him a full visual update?
    </td></tr></table>
    We tend to do that with the relaunches, especially as the splash artists always have tons of work in front of them Hav'ta prioritize!
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by swan2swan View Post
    Does this mean that we can expect another child champion in the near future? Because that would be cool (at the moment we've got Nunu and Annie, and possibly Amumu, though people say he's a Yordle...I find it more thematically-fitting if he's an immortal child, though).

I know Yordles fulfill the "chibi" niche quite well, but there's always room for people of every age. Though it's difficult to consider what niche a child could fill; as far as "kid genius" goes, the Yordles have that genre mostly covered. There could be an age-warping champion, I suppose, one who is a kid for most of the game but then transforms into an adult with fully-developed powers...though the concept is a little too similar to Shyvana and Nasus.
    </td></tr></table>
    Nothing in the works for sure, but the "uhh children look bad in League" will no longer be a factor if it's desired.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by MooncakeForAll View Post
    @Morello. Do you got any idea who will have the next update after annie?
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, but not telling yet, because the expectation will be "tomorrow" if I do

I'll shed some light on this as we get closer.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bannanazaz View Post
    So Morello,

While you are here I need to ask you a question concerning Lux. I am sure that you are tired of hearing from the Lux fan base, and I am not here to say I hate the Steel Legion Lux skin. I think it is a fantastic skin, and I plan on buying it. My question is is Lux on the table for a visual rework? I really like how polished Steel Legion looks compared to her other skins.

~ Bannanazaz
    </td></tr></table>
    I'm not going to pass on this one as I have a whole thread with like 40 red responses on Lux and skin expectations - I'll leave it to you to find it
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Atyres View Post
    But still, you got to admitt that for people that were hoping for other champions to be getting skins that giving Annie, who has around 9 now if I remember correctly, was a kind of slap to the face. People have been really patient for new Udyr, Soraka, Trundle, Rumble, Diana (especially after the change of her only skin), and many other champions, how long will we have to wait to see these champs get some love instead of cash cows (not to be rude)?
    </td></tr></table>
    For the reason I said above. If we can't make skins for them (Diana notwithstanding, but I think that's personal/anecdotal and not representative) because they need new art, or in many of these cases we do have a skin for them coming very soon, then I see no reason to not do the Annie one with the rework.

I do understand the expectations on the skin fairness issue, and I'll be coming to speak about how we prioritize (something we've changed a lot since Annie and Teemo got all the skins!), but it's not going to be "hold all this content until this other champion's skin gets done." Especially, in many cases a skin wants to be done by X date and gets additional work to be up to par.