Did Annie's visual rework surprise you?

• Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by LeapingLion View Post
    I'm expecting that Soraka skin to be bad ass, Morello.
    You get me, bro?
    </td></tr></table>
    We scrapped and reworked the old one, that's a fair expectation. I think it delivers.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Sarkaid View Post
    I know that this is a little bit off-topic but Morello could you please tell us if there's a Zyra skin on the works? Anytime soon? She is my favorite mid champion and I would like a new skin on her
    </td></tr></table>
    Not right away, but we are concepting one - and it will be good

There are other champs that I want to get skins out for first.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Apollinarius View Post
    This rework made me sad. While the old art wasn't great quality, it really worked for Annie thematically. It was cutesy, and Annie was all about being cute while your face melted off.

The new Annie doesn't look cute at all. She is a lot more cruel looking without retaining any of the child qualities. The resulting combination makes her feel nothing like Annie of old. I guess that's a goal with the reworks - to change the feel of the champion - but while I think it improved things for Nidalee and Soraka, it was a change for the worse for Annie.

Since I was never very good with her, I primarily played her because I wanted to play as Annie with her bear Tibbers in Co-op games. Now that motivation is gone.
    </td></tr></table>
    Sorry to hear that - that is disappointing when that happens. Have you actually played with it with the VO lines, animations, etc, or did you look at a screenshot?

I do feel that your view is a great minority here, but that's not much consolation when you're that person :P Though it's true that reworking anything will be met with some unhappiness, I'd just like to minimize that.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mirana Arashi View Post
    Come on Morello , don't ignore me and tell me , is Heimerdinger in the list for a Visual Upgrade? I desperately want to know , please.
    </td></tr></table>
    Visual - I'm not sure. Gameplay definitely, but visual is up in the air because a lot of his charm is his derpiness.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Hellioning View Post
    Morello, you should make an ask thread, like the ones Ezreal and Gypsylord have.

I promise none of my questions will be about Irelia or healing.
    </td></tr></table>
    I have a really really old one. Maybe I should do a new one.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Stark6000 View Post
    How can you churn out completely new champions every two weeks but take months to rework 1 or 2 old champions?

Sion, Karma, Sivir.....these should be done by now.
    </td></tr></table>
    Because we don't have to meet current expectations, find the balance between what we need to keep/discard, and do all the skins - reworks actually take significantly more time than new champions.

Additionally, we made a "relaunches team" a few months back, so the results of the increased clip should become more apparent as that stuff gets released.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by abuzeus View Post
    Can it be the Karma rework, please?

I was so hoping for the rework to be launched around this time. On Friday it will be two years since she came out, and it will be 23(!) months since the last balance changes to her (there were minor bugfixes like a year ago or so).

If it is not Karma, can you please, pretty please, give us an update about the rework? Guinsoo tweeted in December that the rework will not be ready in 2012, and that he hopes to have her ready in January. That's obviously not going to happen, so I think a status update would be in order.

It's so incredibly frustrating with that rework. Every other champion in need of a rework has at least been good at some point (think Heimer), or not been out for that long (Sejuani). Yet the Karma rework goes on for over a year now, while other champions apparently can get a lot more attention in a lot les time (Syndra, for example). No champion has been so consistently unpopular and has had so consistently low win rates, but you don't even give her some minor buffs, or up the base values while cutting AP ratios (in order to not make her OP in mid). Nothing. I really don't want to think that you just don't care, but it gets harder and harder not to do so...

Cheers,
    abuzeus
    </td></tr></table>
    Yes, it's been a long time and I understand the frustration, there's just not a lot of valuable conversation I can have about it because we basically had to restart the rework about 6 weeks ago. It's moving along very well now though - this is the danger of us telling stuff before it's ready, because the Karma subject is now a larger subject because we didn't manage expectations here.

Things get weird in development sometimes, and cause things to change - it's more painful when we make that more visible though
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Malizio View Post
    I'll shorten my post I guess.

Taric is popular. (True)

Taric is in line for a visual rework. True or False?
    </td></tr></table>
    Eventually. Not in the top 5.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alex3omg View Post
    Can you explain why Karma is getting a visual rework? I absolutely LOVE her design and I think her model looks great, so this is really just baffling to me. It seems high-quality. Her art isn't perfect (too purple) but her chinese art for default is amazing, so why does she need a rework?

How much of a change can we expect? Please please don't make her ****ty or sexy or whatever... I love that she looks like a confident regal lady, I don't want "**** n no ribcage" with a stupid pose... pleeesaaassseasepelpalelaslpelpalealse :/

edit- and on her gameplay rework, why can't we have some slight buffs to tide us over and make her slightly more viable? And will she be marketed as a MID instead of this support ****? She's so not a support at the moment, except for a push/kill lane...
    </td></tr></table>
    Mostly because Karma is one of the most unappealing champions, creatively, to our fans - a lot of our research dudes have looked at this, plus it makes sense. Gal in a monochrome dress is a weak theme that isn't really doing anything.

Since we needed to do a gameplay remake anyway, the art team is on board to update her visuals and thematics also.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by TheEnygma View Post
    aaaaand there go the downvotes. You're just scared because you don't know how to make something fabulous even more so, aren't you?
    </td></tr></table>
    It is at the top of fabulousness.