Goth Annie

• Hey guys – clearly a lot of you were taken aback by the plan to sell Goth Annie in the store for 975 RP. The goal here was to help out players that didn't want to have to overpay for Goth Annie (because they already owned a lot of the champions in the pack), but based on the feedback here, we’re no longer planning to release Goth Annie into the store as a standalone skin with the upcoming patch.

To anyone who was excited about the prospect of picking up Goth Annie, we’ll be looking for better ways to meet your needs as well as the needs of players who value skin exclusivity.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Tigrian View Post
    Ugh. I guess I just don't understand this move. This wasn't an exclusive skin. At all. And the only thing stopping anybody from purchasing it right this moment is not wanting to overpay for a champion bundle when they own the majority of it.

Honestly, the entitlement of players on this forum is disgusting. "I have something, and if other people have that thing i'll enjoy it less!"

No. Goth Annie will look the same regardless of how many people own it. If you enjoy the skin, why does it matter who else has it?
    </td></tr></table>
    The sole intent of releasing Goth Annie into the store was to solve a problem for players who had already acquired the champions in the bundle and wanted a better way to purchase Goth Annie. Player satisfaction was the only goal. When the announcement quickly went to 300+ downvotes and the associated Reddit thread had a similar response, it was clear that the majority of players who read those threads were not satisfied with that plan, so we reacted accordingly.

We are working on improvements to our bundle technology that will likely enable better solutions to this issue as well as enable cooler bundles to be offered in the store.
  • Quote:
    <table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="100%"> <tr> <td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset; padding:10px;">
    Originally Posted by Awesomepenguin View Post
    i dont think you understand what he said. he is saying that the post got 300+ (notice the "+" meaning more) down votes in a small amount of time this thread took twice of not three times longer to get there. not only that but their same post on reddit (their other main go to place) also got the same response of A LOT of downvotes in a small amount of time.
    </td></tr></table>
    This. Within one hour of posting, the Goth Annie announcement was on pace to be one of the most downvoted announcements in months before it was reversed. Those types of trends do not reverse on their own once they reach the hundreds of votes. We did not expect that response, and we decided to listen to players rather than move forward with an unpopular plan.

Bottom line is we'll go back to the drawing board and come up with a better plan and will communicate more when that is ready.